~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Progress

Have you ever wondered if maybe you "don't have time to quilt" simply because you don't MAKE the time to quilt? I had this thought many times these past few weeks. I was thinking....maybe I lost interest in this quilt and THAT is the reason why I simply don't make an effort to put an hour a day into it...

So.

Yesterday, I put aside the entire morning to see how much more I could accomplish on this project. And lo and behold, the blocks started getting together and stacking up on the table....then the blocks went into rows and soon enough those new rows got together with the rows from last month and "poof!"...I now have a quilt top that measures 56"x70".


Now what? Well... I figured out that I'm not losing interest in the quilt...I'm just bored with making the same block over and over again...

So.

I have a few ideas rolling around the space between my ears...and once again this is an exciting project to devote some effort to...let's see what I'll be making time for today....

Until next time...stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon

9 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon, I know exactly what you mean. I have a top that only needs two borders and it is just laying on my dining table waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL !!! Keep the momentum rolling ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time was well spent. "Poof"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brown/blue combination!!! Looking forward to your finish.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhhhhh...that is very nice, indeed! Lovely, in fact. Glad you finished it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very nice and I love the colors. I'm glad you made time to finish your top. Lifer has been so busy for me that I have put all my sewing or hooking on hold.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes I set things aside that I lose interest in and then one day I will be in the mood to relook at it and get a new idea to make it fun again. I have too many of those lately, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice results! I chuckled at your description of the process. When I finally buckle down and focus on something that has been neglected, I am always surprised by how little time it took to actually put together. But do I learn my lesson? Not really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon,
    Your quilt top is so lovely against the green grass!! Wonderful job!!! Wish all of our projects would come together with the word, "Poof!"
    Hope you enjoy your weekend!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...