~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Independence Day!

Happy July 4th to everyone in the USA!!!

This seems to be the time of year when the red, white and blue is displayed the most! I've seen quite a few beautiful patriotic quilts displayed throughout blogland... always makes me want to pull out some red, white and blue fabric and stitch one up for my home... but, I'm always at least 3 seasons (and 3 years) behind in my stitching... lol!

A little vignette in the front entry of my home...


...always poor lighting in my house, which is why I rarely takes pics indoors... so, let's go outside in the driveway and get a progress pic of the scrappy rail fence quilt I've been working on...


Each block is a 9-patch (of sorts).... the progress so far is two rows of 5 blocks. My goal is to make this 6 or 7 rows of 5 blocks, so that it fits a twin bed.

Sunny and hot here in central NJ... a nice, long weekend of picnics, fireworks, sewing, relaxing and air conditioning! :-)

Until next time...stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon

9 comments:

  1. I ADORE your scrappy rail fence quilt. Perfect color combination.
    Glorious 4th to you and hubby!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your split rail fence looks awesome. Sure looks like you are super accurate with your cutting and stitching.....which is how I intend to be but do run amok so,ethereal along the way.

    Stay cool and safe.....from South Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see the vintage cars in your vignette. Every year our town hosts a classic car rally over the weekend closest to the 4th, so they seem to go hand in hand to me.
    Loving the blue/brown rail fence. Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vignette and the cars make it fun.
    Hot here too, but got to enjoy a cool swim in the ocean at my SIL's.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice vignette especially with the cars. The quilt is wonderful.
    Happy Belated 4th of July Sharon. I hope you're having some nice weather.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon,
    Love the sweet vignette with the model cars!! My hubby Jeff used to make them when he was a boy and race them!!!
    Your quilt is just beautiful and love those colors together!!
    Hope you have a great week!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your patriotic display is very cute! I love the colors in your rail fence. Now that Bonnie Hunter has announced rail fence blocks as her leader/ender challenge, I see some in my future--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your quilt, pretty colors!
    Sweet display too!
    Hope you have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vignette is very patriotic and pretty. I love the colors in your rail fence. Hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...