~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, January 15, 2017

January

The thing about January is...

...there's too much time to think.

Summer activities are a memory... folks have adjusted to their back to school schedules...the Holidays are done and behind us.

So.

What we have remaining is time to think. Time to wonder. And time to plan.

I should mention that we also have time stitch. But, I'm usually thinking when I'm stitching. And that's where the trouble starts. Especially when your thoughts are changing from what they used to be... particularly about how time is used. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. But, we all accomplish many different things with that same time. Sometimes accomplishing nothing in a day is the greatest accomplishment. But, then again, who is to say what is an accomplishment of substance and what is actually a waste of time?

I used a good amount of time today to stitch. Was this "good use of time"?

Well... it certainly gave me time to think.

~Sharon

11 comments:

  1. I think a good balance is the best. I enjoy making things but today, just getting out and walking and enjoying the views, that is what I needed.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't found balance again since Dad's passing the end of December--wish I had time to stitch and think. Haven't even taken down the tree yet! : )
    I love the peek at the project you are stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, that glimpse of your projects looks like your time was well spent. I do agree with the spirit of your post. January blahs seem to put us in strange moods. And personally, no good has ever come from me thinking too much. I'm an over-analyzer. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, this pic is intriguing!
    The colors. The stitches. The wool !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think therefor I am. lol. I agree with what you said in this post. Your applique project looks interesting, I love the colors.
    Have a great rest of January.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project looks like a fun one to work on while thinking. Sure it was a good use of your time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The winter doldrums set in about this time of year for me especially after the holidays and the forecast of snow and cold. So I push myself "to do" and "think" about good things and the warm weather that will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2017 has found me unemployed after 26 years - - a lot to think and reflect on. What do I want the "second half" to look like? I cannot retire at this point. Where is God leading me. Creativity has to be part of our thinking as artistic creatures. You posted a piece that really made me stop and think about creative time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stitchin' time is an excellent use of time!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say this is a tease... looking great. Can't wait to see it ALL DONE. I do most of my thinking in the wee hours of morning before day break. No matter the time of year. Creatures of habit is my excuse.
    Enjoy the rest of the day,
    with Peace & Blessings for ALL,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...