~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, November 6, 2016

An Extra Hour

Spring ahead... Fall back... minus an hour... plus an hour... I'm sure there's a good reason for this ritual... however, I don't think it changes much? Does it?

So... what did I do with my "extra hour"?

Let's see... I went to sleep same time last night as I always do... pretty much woke up the same time I always do (for a Sunday)...

There's always Sunday breakfast... eggs and potatoes... yum!

Then I took a walk. Breezy, cool day with sunshine and brilliantly colored leaves. Ahhh fresh air! :-)

Then I headed to my stitching/hooking room...

This is "Alpha Basket Needle Roll". It's the July/August/Sept kit for Notforgotten Farm's "Little Stitches Club". Beautifully kitted, easy to stitch little primitive sampler... I should have completed this piece by now being as I've already received the Oct/Nov/Dec kit. But, you know how it is... Summertime has many distractions... *grin*!


Next up is this little Kim Diehl runner. It was one of the kits from her Simple Whatnots club. I had finished the piecing on this a few months ago... but, today I finally got around to the quilting... and even managed to sew the binding on. Turning and hand stitching the binding to the front will be my "relax time" at the end of each work day this week.


And finally... the Four Petals rug is all hooked and steamed! Stay stitching is place and it's ready for a whipped corded edging... that will be more hand work to relax with each evening during this week. :-)


And now... time for pajamas and Sunday Night Football... that extra hour sure did wear me out! ;-)

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon

11 comments:

  1. You are multi-talented. I love it all but of course am partial to the hooked rug.
    It was a gorgeous day in northern Ohio but I had too much I HAD to do to enjoy it much.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each year I try to make sense of the time change--sounds like you make good use of the extra hour. I walked and did some stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to look up this Simple Whatnots Club. I love your quilted piece. Good luck with your hand work this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your rug turned out with your multi colored background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the things you are working on and the rug is wonderful. I did enjoy that extra hour, but I over slept so lost it anyways, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you have been one busy gal !
    I personally would like to put an end to all this clock changing !!
    Love the four petals rug.
    Eggs and potatoes sounds great, too !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have been a busy girl!!! love it all ~ esp. the rug :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great diverse bunch of projects.
    Looks like a sweet little cross-stitch piece.
    I love Kim Diehl's little quilts, and her fabrics are so warm and inviting.
    Beautiful rug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon,
    My, but you sure know how to use an extra hour!!! Love all your projects and it will be nice to relax with them! Your rug is just stunning!!! Believe it or not, AZ does not do time change like the rest of the country and neither does Hawaii!!
    Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I love it. The extra hour wore me out too!

    You have some lovely pieces going there. I really love the hook project. Always admired that craft but have never started it. I need to catch up on the gazillion other projects sitting in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love the four petals hooked rug. Such an inspiration. I am working on my first small hooked rug. It will actually be the top of my foot rest stool. I surely does look like someone's first project. That's OK cause I am lovin' it.
    Just about the time I get adjusted to this new time, it's time to change it again...yup I am slow these days in many ways than one.
    Lucky you to have a stitching/hooking room. I use the 9 foot long farm table we brought back from VT. It works out nicely... lots of room...plus the nook is open to the family room and I can watch hubs football with him in between punching, hooking and cross stitching. Variety is for sure the spice of life.

    Loved visiting and thanks for your comment...you have LOTS of company.

    Enjoy the day or night, with Peace for all,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...