~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Puttering

I guess that's how you could sum up the past few weeks...

puttering.

Only thing is that most of my "puttering" had intent and purpose... I just decided to take it all in a much more leisurely pace than previous. September brings the annual exchange of shorts, t-shirts, sandals and crisp light beddings and curtains for jeans, sweatshirts, cardigans, loafers, boots, flannel beddings and heavier window treatments... it also brings the time to put away the window air conditioners, dehumidifiers and fans and bring out the space heaters... time for applying fall lawn treatments and putting the gardens to sleep...

as they say "up north"...

buttoning up (for the winter)!

I do enjoy this time of year for what it is. The cooler days and crisp nights. The sun, with it's golden light, lay lower in the sky. And, of course, the changing of the leaves in all their final, colorful bursts of brilliance... jewel toned mums... frost sparkling on pumpkins.... ahhhh... I'm ready for a couple of months of a slower pace... time to bring out the wool and plug in that sewing machine once again! It's now the season to enjoy the indoor hobbies! :-)

And do I ever have a lot of rug hooking, cross stitch, needle punch and quilting to catch up on!  For instance, here is the progress of my hooked rug "Four Petals" that I started way back in July (i think)...


It's really a small rug... 24" x 16"... but, it's still "in progress" after 3 months. lol!

Wishing my Canadian readers a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!! And sending prayers to everyone in the path of hurricane Matthew...

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon

13 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful rug and I do enjoy crafting more in the winter. For now I am still outside as long as it stays above 50, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rug is lookin' good.
    Happy fall!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like that rug you are making (at a leisurely pace).
    Sounds like you are very in tune to the seasons. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with "puttering with a purpose"--lol! I think I do a lot of that! I am loving the crisp weather also, but I'm not sure I'm ready for what comes next. At least there will be lots of guilt free sewing time. Your rug is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon,
    "Puttering with a Purpose" would be such a cute sign, and is such a great way to deal with all those projects!! Enjoy each one and know that it does your heart and soul so much good, as well as gets things done!
    Love your rug and the colors you chose! I may have to put that one on my "rugs I want to hook someday" list!!!
    Take care and enjoy your week, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice rug hook projec, love the colors. Puttering can be productive.

    We survived Hurricane Matthew. No damage to our property. Neighbors lost some trees and we were without power for only a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Productive puttering...I'm all for that! I love that rug...the colors and the design. Looking forward to more projects from you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is some pretty good looking Puttering you do!!

    hugs
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your 4 Petals rug hooking !!
    I'm ready for a change also. Less yard work and more wool sounds heavenly !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rug is looking so nice ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the rug!! It is on my bucket list!!
    ~Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the use of 'Flora and Fauna' in designs...
    This is beautiful.

    Peace for all,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too!!! Had a full day and had our little munchkins for a few hours!!
    However, I hate it gets dark early :(....will be a big girl and deal with it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...