~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Monday, July 4, 2016

Independence Day

Wishing everyone a glorious Independence Day! I hope you are all enjoying some sunshine, picnics... and (once darkness falls) some super fireworks displays!!!


We had a relaxing 3-day weekend here at our home! We spent Saturday cruising around in our 1967 Buick Sport Wagon... visited with friends and enjoyed some good eats at Chick-fil-A!


Sunday was a quiet day indoors. I took a good part of the day to organize my wool, fabrics and sewing supplies. Since July is the month I celebrate a Birthday... I decided to take a few days off from work this month... for the sole purpose of giving myself some extra time to sit and hook/punch/stitch! So stay tuned for plenty of pics of (hopefully) completed projects!


I did some shopping for some special items in honor of my Birthday... Let's start off with an absolutely gorgeous (and very well crafted) Make-do Strawberry Pinkeep... hand made by Julie of My Primitive Heart!

Next was some fabrics from two of my favorite designers.... a half yard bundle of Wild Orchid by Blackbird designs...


...and a half yard bundle of Blue Barn by Laundry Basket Quilts! Yes, both purchased from Fat Quarter Shop.


And since I can't seem to pass up anything by Blackbrd Designs... I also signed on for their newest BOM, "Raven". Yes... Inspired by the famous Edgar Allen Poe poem and stitched using their Wild Orchid fabrics!


And since you simply can not be a "July Baby" without an extra appreciation for the Red, White and Blue... I also signed on for Heartspun Quilts (Pam Buda) Star Spangled Liberty BOM!


Whew! I should be plenty busy for the next year... or so? ;-)

...so now that the shopping is done... it's time to get stitching! :-)

But wait, there's more!!! Not shopping... but another favorite hobby of mine... local car shows... come take a look-see!



Ahhhhhh.... Summertime is here!


Until next time... enjoy each day for the gift that it is!

~Sharon

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time and your car is "da bomb!" I'm so happy you are enjoying the Strawberry Make Do and your fabrics are gorgeous!! You will certainly be able to keep the Birthday celebration going, long after July is over!! Happy Birthday, and enjoy your week!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great car! You certainly are making the most of your birthday month!
    There is a big classic car show in our valley the weekend of the 4th, called the Cruise-In. You would love it!
    I got a kick out of the "Barney Fife" car. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday month!!! You are off to a good start.
    LOVE your purchase from Julie. Her work is perfection.
    Hugs, my friend :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you celebrated your birthday--great choices! I'm so tempted by those BOM's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sharon! It does, indeed, look like you'll be busy. For a good long while. ohwell, it will keep you out of trouble, hey? ~grin~ I love all the fabrics and projects you chose...and that strawberry pinkeep...WOW! Have a happy birthday month!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day! I especially like the pinkeep!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...