~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Woolrights Spring Hook-In

Yesterday was a beautiful, cloudy day... just right for a road trip! I ventured out to Lancaster, PA to attend the Woolrights Spring Hook-In! 200 plus people participated in the hooking part of the hook-in... some people (like myself)... just went to look at the hooked rugs on display... and see what the vendors were offering...

Here is a handful of the rugs that were on display...





...and although I wanted to purchase SO much more... I stayed with just spending the pre-set amount of cash I had brought with me... yep... the plastic stayed home!



...a few pieces of wool from the Wool Studio... a hooked rug pattern and two punchneedle patterns from The Old Tattered Flag.

Like I said... a good day for a drive out to the country... to visit with wooly goodness!

Next post will be an update on some of the projects I've been sewing... maybe even a progress report on one (or more) of the three projects I just purchased at the hook-in? *wink*

Until next time... enjoy each day for the gift that it is!

~Sharon

10 comments:

  1. Sharon, you are a much stronger woman than am I! You did good with what you spent...patterns and luscious wool! Looking forward to your update on all things. Have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic can be dangerous, lol. I am pretty good with spending, I tend to be the cheapskate in our family so I think before I buy and usually just one treat for myself, sometimes we need to spoil ourselves;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hooked rugs are wonderful! I especially love that spinning witch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day!! We have a hook in next month, can't wait. Love the stuff you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon,
    Sounds like the perfect way to spend a day!!! LOVE the rugs and I'm sure you were INSPIRED!! Also LOVE your purchases!! The wool is just beautiful and those patterns look like FUN!! So happy you had a wonderful trip!!!
    Looking forward to seeing your projects and progress!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have several events in my near future hope I can show as much restraint as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're like me. I'm usually pretty good to keep spending down to a minimum. You got some nice wool and patterns. I'm looking forward to seeing your handiwork.
    Enjoy Spring
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard not to get excited when you see so many wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful day for you. Lancaster County is so nice. Smart of you to leave your 'Plastic" home. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing what you've been working on.
    That must have been an awesome hook in!
    Happy Easter :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...