~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunday Best

Last week I thought I had decided which kit was going to be the first pieced quilt top on the Janome... I even made a test block to make sure the pattern's measurements were correct... but then, I looked at the amount of time it was going to take for the cutting, and thought.... "No way... I can't wait that long... I just want to sit and stitch"!!!

So... yesterday I pulled out the second kit in the Simple Whatnots Club... this is Collection 4 which features Kim Diehl's Sunday Best line of fabric. This little runner is called Double Dutch Stars and finishes up at 10-1/2" x 26"1/2...
Please excuse our lawn... spring has not sprung here yet! lol!
It was an absolute pleasure to sit and stitch with this Janome! She feeds the fabric through so evenly and effortlessly! Since this is the first time I was using a 1/4" foot, I had some trial and error with the timing to pull out pins. If I waited too long, the pin would get caught (on the foot edge) and twist the fabric a bit... pull the pin too soon and points would not match and it looked like no pins were used at all. I think I've got a system going for that now...

Next will be to sandwich top, batting and backing and quilt as desired... that sounds like next weekend's adventure!

Until next time... enjoy each day as the gift that it is!

~Sharon

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful little quilt top. Looks like you and the Janome have it all figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each day is surely a gift !
    Beautiful work on your new machine.
    I'll bet it's quiet, too ! My old machine rattles the house when I use it.
    Rose
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful runner, love the colors in it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you enjoyed working with your new machine...does it have a name? Love the runner...you're doing great!!! Have fun with the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon,
    I think you and Janome make an excellent team!!! The runner is just beautiful and I'm so happy your are enjoying that new machine!!!
    Have a great week, my friend!
    Bunny Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a great partnership started. Your table runner is user cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, making friend with your new Janome takes a bit of getting acquainted like any new machine. I'm so glad you are loving your new machine. Your points are perfect. Something I must practice someday.
    I haven't mastered the point technique yet but then I hardly sew anymore lately except mending my husband pants, lol.
    Hugs,.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to be using the new machine and getting to know what works and what doesn't. Love the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I switch back and forth between my Juki and Bernina--it takes a while to remember the little quirks each machine has. It sounds like you are going to have lots of fun stitching on your new Janome! Love the table runner--very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new machine. Like Karen said, each has its own little idiosyncrasies to take in consideration. The runner is lovely....gorgeous shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the two of you have bonded nicely.
    Cute runner--love Kim's designs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...