~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Tavern House Block 8

Yippeeee! A first official "finish" for 2016! Well... at least the top is finished. This BOM was short the wool for the border that is supposed to edge the entire quilt... so, I'll be heading to an LQS next month to see if I can find a flannel that will compliment the background woolens...


Still not so good for taking pictures... but, you'll see this one again in the Summer when the border, binding and backing is on and it can be declared an official finish! :-)

Nothing much else to show for stitching projects... I have a few new starts, but will wait until a little more progress is accomplished on them before showing them here.  Maybe next weekend...

And, after thinking about this for a long time... I've decided to list this rug on eBay...

Click HERE if you are interested in bidding...

Thanks much! And, enjoy each day for the gift that it is!

~Sharon



13 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    Hooray for you!!!! You did a beautiful job and should feel so proud!!! It always feels good to accomplish a goal!!
    Your horse rug is wonderful!!
    Wise words, my friend!! Life IS truly a gift to enjoy!!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt, really love the colors and wools.
    I also love your rug and hate to see it go so low, I hope you have a reserve on it, too beautiful and large to let it go so low.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt, hope to see it all completed come summer :)
    Love the horses, hope you do well on the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on that Block #8 Sharon, and the horses rug is so attractive. I love the colors. I'm sure parting with the rug is bitter sweet. You can always make another one if you so choose. Thanks for sharing your goodies with us.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Tavern House pattern--I'm very tempted after seeing your version--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that quilt! nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt top is wonderful, Sharon! I hope you get a good price for the rug. You did a beautiful job on it. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohboy...your Tavern House quilt is looking so fabulous! Outstanding work! LOVE the rug...wish I could bid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is beautiful Sharon. Lovely shades of wool. I hope you find just the right wool for the backing.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am admiring your Tavern House piece. A good design and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt, I have been considering making a pieced wool quilt sometime in the future. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Tavern quilt . I'm thinking of doing this one this year! I'm on. A Maggie roll.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...