~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Tavern House Block 7

As you may have guessed... A Tavern House finish did not happen before the end of 2015... even though I devoted hours to stitching on it on December 31st... ;-) What did happen is a resolve to slow down and enjoy the process of stitching... and to stop ruining the fun of it by self imposing a goofy deadline... :-)

So, slow stitch I did and just finished Block 7 this afternoon. Blocks 1 through 6 needed to be stitched together before Block 7 (the top 8") could be stitched... simply because it stretches the entire width (46-1/2") of the top and had a few elements that overlapped into the blocks below it.


Apologies for the poor quality picture... we had buckets of rain today and there was not a dry flat surface in the yard to take a picture... so, indoor lighting was all I could do. When the final (Block 8) is completed, I'll be sure to post a more clear picture so that you can see the textures of the hand dyed woolens better.

I had a lot of fun reading everyone's blogs about New Year's promises, guidelines, lists and resolutions! ;-) Though I did not intend to make any official claim to anything in particular for myself... I think what kind of just fell into place, was a resolve to slow down and...

Enjoy each day for the gift that it is! :-)

~Sharon



19 comments:

  1. Excellent! I never thought about it but you are so right. Creating a finishing time goal kind of takes the fun out of it and makes it more of a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful. Enjoy the journey, it really is what it is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are beautiful. Enjoy the journey, it really is what it is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very pretty project there. It is great that you are slowing down to enjoy the process. I need to do that as well.

    I haven't posted in a long time and I am behind on my blog reading too. Hope to get back into the groove soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really pretty. We are getting your rain starting overnight. It's better than snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and you always do such nice work.
    I didn't make resolutions either, just my usual list of goals that I can cross of as i go, when I please. I don't need a resolution to slow down, it's happening naturally, lol...
    Hugs. JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful quilt and beautiful wools. I am looking forward to starting some wool projects that I have been wanting to do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon,
    This is truly wonderful!! You know how much I love this design!
    I totally agree that enjoying the moment is so very important for all of us and is my goal for this year.......one stitch at a time!!
    I will be looking forward to your finish, my friend!
    Happy Stitching!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all, just so pretty!
    Very good resolve, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful ! Stitching quiets the hands, heart and mind. You're work is lovely, Sharon.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Sharon - fun to take time to enjoy! We get so focused on the finish we forget to enjoy the ride!!!
    Have a great week 😋
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was to be a happy face not a ?????

      Delete
    2. WOW!!! That is going to be so beautiful! You are doing wonderful work on it, Sharon. What's the size to be when finished? Love the colors. Actually, everything about it. And, you are absolutely right...enjoy the moment(s).

      Delete
  13. It's beautiful! I agree--enjoy the process and it will be finished before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sharon...your Tavern House is just gorgeous!! No matter how long it took....I'm sure you'll enjoy looking at it day after day!! Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with that wool quilt! Nice work and why rush it? Great quilts are meant to be savored....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that we should all just remember to enjoy the blessings each day brings. Tavern House is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...