~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Tavern House Blocks 5 & 6

One of my goals for every year is to complete all works in progress before the end of the year. You know... start the New Year off with a clean slate type of thing... sometimes I'm able to follow through and sometimes the project is so large that it's just not possible...for instance... the Snow Days quilt with all of that hand embroidery... :-)

This Tavern House quilt was started in 2013 as a BOM. I stayed with it for a couple of blocks and then fell behind (lost interest)...  then just decided to get reacquainted with it again last week in hopes of finishing it before the end of the year. Good progress has been made...


but... it's a bit iffy on a finish when there's only 4-1/2 days left to this year! lol!

I can say that I rather enjoy the slow stitching of this wool appliqued piece... very peaceful to work on at the end of a day...

Christmas Day was nice for us here! Even though I enjoy this holiday much more with cold breezes and maybe a touch of snow... we made the best of the unseasonably 68 degree weather and took a nice relaxing drive in our Buick Sport Wagon!


Looking forward for Spring to arrive so we can get back to meeting up with the classic car crowd... seems everyone hibernates in the Winter! lol!

Today will be enjoyed with some stitching, some football watching and some snacking on these...


fresh baked peanut butter cookies!!!! :-) Oh YUM!!!

Enjoy each day for the gift that it is!

~Sharon



14 comments:

  1. Your applique is beautiful. That's a lofty goal to start the new year with no WIPs. Good luck to you.
    Sweet pic of you and the hubby.
    Happy New Year :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are goal oriented and I bet you don't have many UFO in your closet. That applique is beautiful.
    Nice car and nice couple to go with it. I bet that car purrs like a kitten.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful appliqué and I love your station wagon.
    I always loved ours when I was little, the days when you could ride on the back gate, from the beach, without anyone caring, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making good progress...and the blocks are looking great!!! Peanut butter cookies...did you have to show them? They are my absolute complete breakdown food item. yum!!! This next year really needs to be the year of finishes for me, but I already have so many ideas for other things. ugh...what's a woman to do? Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great goal. it would be so positive to have a clean slate. I know it won't happen for me. Each year there's just too many ideas to work on. Your blocks are great and so is your car and cookies! Looks like a sucessfil end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I commend you for your diligence in trying to end the year with NO unfinished projects!
    Wish I could say the same but for now I will persevere....

    Happy New Year Sharon 😊😊😊
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so very pretty, I love it!
    Oh I love the stitching too, serene.
    I was referring to the wagon in the first sentence, my guy would love that too!
    Cookies, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very cool is your Buick sport wagon !!!!
    And, do I see a red wreath on the roof ??
    Love peanut butter cookies. How about "half" dipped in chocolate ?!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have a clean slate in the new year--but it's not gonna happen--haha! Tavern House looks like a fun project--who knows what you may be able to get done before New Year's Eve! Have fun stitching and enjoy those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful applique...and that sweet wagon!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't imagine ever having a clean slate!!! Good for you for being so close. Tavern House is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your car! The cookies look delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how your applique is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New year! I have some appliqué to work on this year. I am not that good at it but I need to keep trying. Love your vintage car and your yummy cookies.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...