~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Coin Purse

One of my favorite designers is Minick and Simpson! Yes.... quilts and rugs! :-) Well... I was lucky enough to be able to sign on for their Bluebird Sampler BOM... and included with the last months block was a "thank you gift"... a cute little coin purse kit that included a charm pack of their Polka Dots & Paisleys fabric line... with all the rain we've been having from a Nor'easter this weekend, it was perfect weather for being indoors and stitching.

This is a fairly easy project... just some nine-patches and some hand sewing (the bracket to the cloth). Everything was included in this little kit... and the directions were excellent! Not only have I never made a purse before... but with lining too? lol!

Here's one side...
...and the other side...
....and the inside...
Yes... I could have taken more time in lining up the hand stitches on the inside... but, I'm OK with it.

This weekend's rib stickin' meal was homemade lasagne.  Made the meat sauce and then layered it all with mounds of noodles, mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese! Yum! :-)

Wondering about those Pumpkin Spice cookies? Well... the Keebler ones are good. But, the flavor is more like a gingerbread cookie with super sweet icing. I usually eat 4 or 5 cookies at a sitting... but, 2 of these were enough. Good, but extremely rich... As for the Oreo Pumpkin Spice? Haven't gotten to them yet... ;-)

Cooler weather means more indoor time... so stayed tuned for more pic of projects!

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon


14 comments:

  1. What a fun project. So sweet!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little purse! Good job!
    Oh, I love homemade lasagna. Yours sounds nice and cheesy, just right.
    I could pass on the cookies in favor of the Italian delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little purse! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little coin purse! Great job Sharon!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful purse, I really need to learn sewing, so I can make items as gifts and custom things for myself.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon,
    Such a sweet coin purse! It would be just perfect for holding a small pair of scissors, thimble, pins, thread and needle, don't you think?
    Your lasagna made me suddenly hungry for Italian!! Got any leftovers? Sometimes I like it even better the second time!!!
    We finally got some MUCH needed rain here and it was actually cool!! Looks like it will be climbing back up to the high 80's by mid-week, so I am enjoying it while I can!! Think I will make some brownies!!
    Enjoy your time creating!
    Have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute!!! So proud of you for taking that on...and doing a great job! I am actually fixing lasagna this week...cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable coin purse. I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet little coin purse. I haven't had a coin purse in years. Used to use one all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *****a note about Newburyport...if you have gone into or like the shop, flukes and finds, they are closing at the end of December. the owners are retiring and not sure if there will be another buyer or another place that the remaining members of the group will move to. will let you know if this is a place that you like to visit...tom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love coin purses, and always carry one!
    A hold over from my childhood :)
    I could go for that lasagna right now! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  12. That turned out really cute! I have it on my list to make a coin purse someday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! I have been wanting to make one of those. In fact, I bought the clasp part at a garage sale and it's been sitting out for me to do something with it. No pattern or anything, so I guess I'll look it up on the internet to see if I can find one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...