~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Many smalls on the way!

You all know that after one big and thought intense project.... a person is going to need some "quickies" to keep things happy! :-) So... I'll show you a quick pic of a punched piece I finished last weekend... still have to stitch it into an "official" finish, but the punching is complete...


I had thoughts of giving up needlepunch because all of that punching made my hand hurt and trying to keep the fabric drum tight in the hoop I had was bothersome... in other words... it just wasn't any fun, and hobbies should be FUN, right?

Well... Jacque over at Doodles Of My Mind blog had sent me a package at the end of last year. And wouldn't you know that inside that package was an awesome needlepunch frame! Just the right size and has gripper strips all around the edges. Those gripper strips make all the difference in how very tight it holds the fabric! Keeps it drum tight for the entire time you are punching. And because of that, makes punching easier on the hand and also more enjoyable since you don't have to keep stopping to re-tighten the fabric. Awesome! I've thanked Jacque many times for gifting me this frame!!! :-) And now, I'll be punching away on many more designs in the future!

This weekend was a breath of Spring air here in Central Jersey! Beautiful sunshine and warmer air created an opportunity to enjoy the yard. Yesterday was spent clearing out the flower garden and pruning the shrubs. And today was "open the windows and air out the house day"! :-) Did a little bit of Spring cleaning. It feels great! It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for a person's energy levels!

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon



13 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    LOVE your heart!!! Just beautiful!!! I would love to know what kind of frame you use, if you would not mind sharing!! I have to tighten mine too and it makes it so much more work!!
    So happy you are having some nice weather!!!
    Take care and happy punching!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome, Sharon!!! I am so looking forward to seeing all the pieces you'll be doing from this point on. Punch on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    Yes, a frame makes a world of difference! I haven't punched in a while. Too many projects, too little time...sigh.
    Your p/n heart is just too sweet.
    Spring was here in Ohio today, too. Got to do some yard work and tomorrow I many have trouble getting out of bed...lol!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cute little heart. It would make a great hooked rug. (Hint-hint!)

    Oh, wasn't the weather wonderful!!! Thought I died and went to heaven!
    We did outdoor work too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, that little heart is so sweet. Such a generous gift from your blogger friend.
    It was our first nice Spring day on Sunday, Robins have returned but our yard is still too snowy for raking yet.
    Have a happy Spring day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project and how great you found a frame that makes it easier.
    Our weather has been hit or miss, but it is supposed to be a beautiful week....right after two lousy weather days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful - as always I am tempted to try something new - NOT....I can't even get to all I have started with quilting.....
    So glad to hear you had a sunny week-end. I lived in CT for so many years, I will always remember how special those first few days of spring feel :)

    Enjoy,
    jayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love needle punch but haven't done it for ages--need to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you possibly share the name of the frame that you are using for punching. I also struggle with the hoop (Morgan) and have been looking for something that I don't have to keep messing with the fabric. Beautiful heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of needle punch but I have never attempted it. Maybe one day?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous piece miss Sharon! I know what you mean about having your piece drum tight. I have a frame now and it makes all the difference for me for needle punch too. I'm glad you are back at it! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...