~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Today is Today

.... and it is what it is...

I've realized for a very long time that time waits for no one. I also know that each of us is given the exact same amount of time (in each day). What's important is that you use that time wisely... for no one really knows how much time we have remaining. So keep life simple.... and keep it happy! :-)


I did manage a few stitches over the Thanksgiving weekend... you know... in between cooking that delicious turkey and trimmings and stuffing myself silly with enormous amount of comfort food! :-) I did get the binding hand sewn to my (long term project) Snow Days quilt... but it took until today to get half decent pics to share because then the weather went to rainy and windy with some snow mixed in... and then it went back to the work schedule which left a dark evening when I got home at night... so I finally got some sunshine today to get some pics to share (just not a full view because the ground is still wet)... the binding is a dark brown and the backing is a teal...


There was also some progress on the primitive alphabet cross stitch sampler I started in July... I should finish that this afternoon so I'll wait until next post to share pics of it.


I haven't set aside any time to decorate for Christmas yet. I'm just not "feeling it". I see and hear stories of folks running here and there and making lists and stressing about what to give to who and when and where to buy it and this must be done before this day... when I take a car ride to a friend's house or even just driving home from work... I notice the parking lots near stores packed to the edge... rows and rows of cars... and people running with arm loads of bags of stuff... and pushing folks out of their way... i can see they aren't "Merry"... yet people do it all... just watching it wears me out...


We had a simple Holiday luncheon at work last Friday... we went to our Radio Club's Holiday party last night... they were both amazing, simple and fun! We enjoyed some stories, lots of laughs and great food... with some strings of lights and greenery to add some sparkle to the night... good stuff!

I'm looking forward to baking some cookies... some quiet time stitching... Christmas music on the stereo or maybe a classic Christmas movie on the TV... will the house get filled with decorations, trees and lights? Maybe. Maybe not.

But, I do know my Christmas will be Merry, peaceful and full of smiles...

.... and cookies...

Did I mention the cookies? ;-)

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and I am learning, better to take our time then to make a mess of it and you always do such beautiful stitch work. I know, I hate shopping with the crazies too, but the pet store wasn't that bad and had to get some new and larger toys for lil bean;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that quilt is going to be a stunner! I think we are in the same holiday mood :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon,
    Yes, this can be such a stress-filled time!! So happy you are taking the time for yourself and hand sewing is so very healing! Beautiful work indeed!
    I really took my time decorating this year and just enjoyed all the memories each item carries with it! Whether you decorate or not, you can still celebrate Christmas, and just ENJOY those cookies!!
    Sending Warmest Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is a masterpiece. You've put so much work in it and I'm so glad you got it all finish. So beautiful.... Christmas cookies and comfort food sounds good too.

    Christmas is my favorite time of year as it means family gathering for meals and visits and the little grandkids and my great grandson running around.... I can't wait... lots of food, laughter and sharing.
    I'm not stressing as to what to get. When in doubt, I simply give money of gift cards I know they will use. I like to keep it simple too. I'm getting too old to brave the crazy crowd of shoppers.

    Merry Christmas and happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    JB





    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,
    Your quilt is stunning. I look forward to seeing more.
    Oh, I wish I had your calmness!!! I know that all my stress is self induced. Maybe some day I will learn...sigh.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your quilt and you did such a great job...proud of you! Really need to finish mine, which will look quite different because of the different fabrics I used. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon,
    The quilt is just beautiful and your stitchery is just lovely...:)
    No rules as to the "best way to celebrate this wonderful season" - just enjoy even in the smallest of ways...
    Having lunch with friends today - a perfect way to celebrate!
    Have a great day!
    jayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon I so love your quilt! Beautiful colors! Wonderful stitching and so much of it! Be very proud of that beauty!!
    I try not to set foot in the stores between Thanksgiving and Christmas! It's hard to find a time to buy groceries with my Mom along! Long lines at the checkouts are too much for both of us to handle! Wonder if there is a reason people can't shop all year long when they know Christmas is coming again each year! LOL!
    Hope you have a wonderful, peaceful and joyous Holiday season!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilt, you have been at it awhile, just like others said, "Stunning!"
    I avoid shopping during these hurry days.
    Simple is best for us too!
    Merry Christmas, in a quiet lovely home! sublime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...