~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Temecula Summer Quilt - Week 8

Those little squares are quite habit forming... so much so, that I had to get back to the sewing bench last night and sew together all of those little 4-patches... and then stitch those borders to the still growing Temecula Summer Block of the Week Quilt...


This was one of my favorite borders on this quilt! Temecula Quilt Company shipped the cream and a couple of small pieces of fabric... but, the fun was going back into the scraps that were saved from all of the previous borders! :-)


My first time using up such small pieces of fabric, and let me tell you... I think I have another obsession! lol! Here are the 4 border pieces all lined up on the ironing board (waiting to be pinned to the quilt)...


... and here is a little close up of the little squares... kinda looks like some sort of tile game, no? ;-)


Anyways... all this was making me wonder if I should have some fun and get going on some MORE scrappy 4-patches (made of 1-1/2" squares)... and see just how BIG of a quilt I can make from my scrap bin? *grin* That will have to wait until Winter though... as I must finish up the half dozen projects I have in progress before I find more trouble... lol!

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon

16 comments:

  1. Sharon! That is awesome! I am so impressed by the improvement in your piecing. Small pieces are fun, hey? Keep up the good work, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing such a beautiful job on the blocks and those little pieces, love how it looks together.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some small pieces. So sweet.
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to get caught up? Nah, it will never happen in my lifetime.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    Your quilt is stunning! It looks very antique like. Bravo! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Sharon - Medallion quilts are an obsession with me lately and this one is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of sewing and the pieces are so tiny. You're doing a fantastic job and using scraps makes it more special. It looks lovely.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks beautiful, love all the tiny blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great job you're doing Sharon...all those little pieces on the machine...do you do a little happy dance all the time when a new border goes on? and still fabulous finishing what you start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beauty, and with such teeny-weeny squares! Well done indeed!!!
    Sending hugs ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great way to use up small pieces! I can 't bear to toss them:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun!! You do such beautiful work!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love working with small pieces, something very gratifying about it! Maybe you should start a "winter sew along" using small squares :)

    Beautiful progress,
    jayne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love that quilt! I so want to make a medallion quilt ... and that one would be high on my list.

    How small are those little squares?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is turning out so cute! I love little pieces and little quilts:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your medallion quilt...isn't it great using up those small scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...