~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Completely Different

For the last two posts I have been promising to show you "something completely different" from what you're used to seeing on my blog... and maybe anywhere else too?

When Julie from The Old Tattered Flag posted pictures on her blog of a "designed by her" Wool Beeskep... I thought "Wow! How clever and different is that!?!?!?".... Then, she posted that kits were available on The Old Tattered Flag website! Well... I could not click the buttons on my computer quick enough! :-) And a couple of days later, the kit arrived at my doorstep...


Took me a little bit of practice to get the twisting of the wool going... but, eventually it all came together and mine (sorta kinda) looks almost like Julie's? ;-) I stuffed mine with cotton and some dried lavender... and it now sits on a wooden stool on my front (inside) porch.

Aside from making this beeskep, I'm keeping busy with planting some flowers and also more hooking on the horse rug... I also went through some more of my wool and quilt kits and listed a few more (plus a couple of other items) on eBay.... if you are interested... click HERE to view the auctions.

Happy Summer!

~Sharon



13 comments:

  1. That is really cute. You always find the cute projects to share

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it a lot - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is different, I've never seen one like that. you did a great job on this. It looks a bit complicated.
    Good luck with your Ebay auction.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely different doesn't even begin to cover that beeskep! I have never seen anything like it! YAY for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun!!!
    Looking forward to seeing more progress on the horse rug!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always fun to try new things. This is an interesting project...I really haven't seen anything like it. I love that you put a flag in it and I bet it is a nice addition to the front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job on your beeskep, fun idea and fun to decorate with.
    I need to go through my patterns, time to make some new things for summer.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this Bee Skep ! What a fun piece for your porch.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's cool!
    Guess it's a good thing to try something totally out of the box once in a while. That's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just adorable!!!! It certainly brought a SMILE to my face....I have never seen one of these before.
    Thanks so much for sharing....I am going to pass it on to others today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun and so lovely! You have done a great job-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...