~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Tavern House Block 3

Well... we finally have some sunshine and warmer weather on the horizon! Yippeee! What a loooong and sloooooow awakening it has been for Spring, huh? All around blogland I'm seeing pics of yards still filled with snow... will those flower heads ever be able to pop up and sway in the warm breezes? Soon.... very soon...

Pam (no blog) and I are still stitching along on Tavern House (a wool quilt design by Maggie Bonanomi). I just finished Block 3...


Once all the prep gets done, the stitching is relaxing and very enjoyable. As I mentioned before, I will most likely go back and add some decorative stitches to this piece... but, before I begin that process I'd like to get all the main pieces stitched to the blocks... and see how the blocks interact with one another... for all I know, the simplicity of these blocks may be just right?

I also have one more of these posie pinkeeps to show... this one is using the original wool that came with the kit... notice that I went a bit crazy with those french knots in the center? lol!


A fellow blogger named Jayne was nice enough to stop by my blog and leave a comment... so (naturally) I had to visit her blog and see what High Upon The Hill was all about! ;-) While there, I discovered pictures of beautiful quilts, fabrics and fun gatherings of friends! You should hop on over there and check it out for yourself... maybe even leave a comment and become a follower!? Have some fun and share some bloggy-love!!!! :-)

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon

17 comments:

  1. Thank you Sharon....:)

    Tavern House is a beautiful quilt, wish I had decided to made it when we (Country Loft) did it as a BOM last year....yours is looking beautiful!

    jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, love that springy block. Keep stitching those spring things. I'm hoping they have the same effect as the snow day blocks. Seems like every time you posted one, we got a storm. So after seeing this block I am going home to look for blossoms Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful pieces, love doing flowers for spring. I have her book with small and large projects, need to get something started from that book.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a little time today. I rarely get to blog hop anymore....so busy:(
    But your wool pieces caught my eye and I had to stop by to tell you just how wonderful they are. Just GORGEOUS....I love wool and one day hope to do the Maggie piece that is waiting patiently for me in it's orig package. Smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work again. I love, love that pinkeep and all the French knots...
    HUgs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sharon! I love your posie pinkeep. All the french knots really add a nice touch and your Tavern House block is nice too!

    I have some wool kits that I purchased at a quilt show last February. They are small projects because I've never worked with wool before. I'm a bit nervous to start the prep...any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon,
    I really love seeing your Tavern House quilt block!! You are doing a wonderful job!! I love Maggie's designs and have always admired that pattern!! Just may have to break down and get it!!
    Your posie pinkeep is really sweet too....love it!!
    Have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon...Nice work on block 3! And, there are not too many french knots in your pinkeep...I actually love all of them. Keep on stitchin', girlfriend! Your work is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the flowers on your Tavern House block. Easy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just a lovely block. I have thought it would be so much fun to quilt with wool. I also really like your pinkeep. I will check out this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a wonderful block!
    I do love your pinkeeps, grin!
    I'm going over and visit on the hill too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a big fan of the Tavern House quilt. Your block is so pretty. Love your pinkeep and all the little french knots!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how your Tavern House is coming along Sharon. I was at Primitive Gatherings shop on Friday. Love that shop! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely block and I love this quilt. Great pinkeep-lovely colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is always stunning!

    Thank you for the hooking advice on my bunny rug. It came in useful... and I did rehook the whiskers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such a beautiful stitcher!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...