~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, April 26, 2014

All I Need

Over the span of the last 3 years I've been learning quilting. It started with needleturn applique, then went to piecing, then hand quilting... 

Then came the February 2012 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine... page 65 caught my attention with Minick & Simpson's "Center Stage" wall quilt...

Red & White... classic!

That center medallion... I could needleturn applique it... or, I could use fusible web and machine applique the edges... hmmmm... my dopey ol' Kenmore doesn't "do" blanket stitch... bummer... those curves on the medallion are kinda tight to be fussing with needleturn... let's play with that stinkin' Kenmore one more time and see if it can make a good edging stitch...

and so it did..

.... and I like it even MORE than that boring ol' "been there done that blanket stitch"... :-)

So, the center medallion is complete... some piecing is next...

Saturday night's sewing life lesson is...

"Sometimes you already have everything you need"

Good night...

~Sharon



17 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    It is amazing what those old machines can do!!! I know you also did it, so good for both of you!! It looks just beautiful and you can be so proud of yourself!
    How very true those words are too!! Just what I needed to hear!!
    Have a great rest of your weekend!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking good and the machine stitching looks great. I am such a spaz on a machine, but I will start practicing with machine applique and art quilts, fun for a lot of projects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon-
    Wow, you sure are motivated....besides all the other things in the works. More later-
    Hugs-
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true Sharon! Your blocks are gorgeous and the stitching looks perfect. Good for you for not giving up. Twill be a beautiful quilt. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,
    I love it when I learn a good life's lesson while making do! How beautiful that quilt is going to be! Classic...like the ol' Kenmore!!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not familiar with the quilt pattern you have in the works so I look forward to seeing what your quilt will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful. Sharon have learned so much in three years!! I wouldn't have known that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are braver than me about trying machine appliqué. I wanted to try it but I ended appliqué by hand.
      It's going to look great.
      Hugs,
      JB

      Delete
  8. Fantastic! It is so much fun to try new things! There are so many ways to accomplish the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life's lesson is so true....we truly do have all we need and when we trust "it" wonderful things result!
    Beautiful job....can't wait to see the piecing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a smart one! Love the classic of red and white

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks wonderful! I love red and white!
    one time when my boy was little we were driving to school one morning, and got caught by a train (this normal everyday life here). we had to go around to the other crossing, and i was praying out loud asking the Lord to let us get past, because we were already late, he always was (and still is today years later). he told me, "I don't see why you're praying for that, you've already got it!" sounds a bit like your post! grin hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how I love red and white quilts!!
    This one is going to be SPECIAL!!
    xo Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that edging stitch... way to go Kenmore... and you too, Sharon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great work Sharon and great idea! Sometimes we just don't need all the latest things and what freedom that brings!
    Love red and white quilts, off now to see what this pattern is:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...