~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Top Two

I'm stitching right along on Snow Days here... that would be the "Number One" on my list of projects to finish before beginning something new.

I've done the piecing for Block 3. This time I cut the embroidered part down to size and attached it to the pieced parts. I did have an "oops" with cutting the embroidered part... but, I've cleverly placed a box of Clover pins over that area so you can't see it! lol! And those Clover pins (with the flower heads) are now in the trash... they are so thick, it feels as if you're using a tree trunk to test a cake for doneness... seriously...


So that's my current project for my bench... which is now all arranged to support my quilting habit...


My bench will stay this way until I finish Snow Days... this is now entering it's fourth year of being a WIP here... yeesh!

And, since sometimes I watch football (especially during playoffs) ;-) I figured I would set up a project that I could stitch while sitting in my football watching chair... much more productive (and less destructive) than throwing cheese doodles at the TV when the referee plays favorites...

This would be my "Number Two" project to finish before starting something new... This is "Tavern House", a design by Maggie Bonanomi. Her original design called for some areas to be stitched with velvet... but, since I'm pretty fumbly with stitching under turned edges of velvet... I was very happy to see that Primitive Gatherings offered this design as an ALL WOOL Block of the Month. The BOM offer has since passed (2013)... but, there are full kits still available. You all know how nice the mottling is on their hand dyed woolens!


For this wool applique project, I'm holding the pieces in place with small pins instead of using the Stem A Seam Lite... and then stitching down each piece with a whip stitch using a single strand of coordinating DMC floss.

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it! lol!

"Live the Life You Love"...

~Sharon

16 comments:

  1. Well Sharon, it looks like you are living the life you love. I love both project. I like that little sliver of a moon on the BOM and that embodied church looks nice. It reminds me of my embroidery years ago when I was young. I remember making some white pillow cases out from bleached cotton Robin Hood flour bags and I would iron a stamp design and use embroidery thread.

    Have a relaxing weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see how and where people create and love seeing yours. Your embroidery is lovely and beautiful wool work. Happy stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a nice wooly project to indulge in during the cold temps of January! Nice work! And Snowy Days is coming along nicely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgive my typos. " "embodied" church, OMG, lol... I don't know what got into me today. I've been sleepy all day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful stitchery, a lot of work, but well worth it. I also love your house piece, nice to have things we can do in our sewing room and one for tv time.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your applique!! You are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your house with the "fingernail" moon. ;)
    Lovely work !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoVe the projects you are working on ! Gorgeous! LoVe your work space too.
    Nice to have a space you can leave up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohboy...you're rollin' right along! And, lookie at all the nice little points! You are doing a great job, Sharon! Your other project looks great, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon, your "Snow Day" looks great! I had so much fun making mine with some internet friends. It was fun to see who got done first but in the end it was just nice to see how each one did.
    I think mine took me almost 3 years to finish, and not because I didn't get my embroidery done....I didn't do my pieced blocks each month and then all my fabrics got discombobulated and I made such a mess.
    I did get it done, quilted and bound and now it's hanging! Persevere sister and you too will finish up soon!

    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon, your "Snow Day" looks great! I had so much fun making mine with some internet friends. It was fun to see who got done first but in the end it was just nice to see how each one did.
    I think mine took me almost 3 years to finish, and not because I didn't get my embroidery done....I didn't do my pieced blocks each month and then all my fabrics got discombobulated and I made such a mess.
    I did get it done, quilted and bound and now it's hanging! Persevere sister and you too will finish up soon!

    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon,
    Did you see this?

    Trade Show/Conference Profile

    Quilt Fest of New Jersey 2014 is a leading event in United States Of America. This event will start on 06 March 2014 and it will end on 09 March 2014. Quilt Fest of New Jersey 2014 will take place at Garden State Exhibition Center in Somerset, NJ. This important trade event is being organized by Mancuso Show Management.



    Trade Show/Conference Venue Information

    Garden State Exhibition Center
    Address : 50 Atrium Drive
    City : Somerset, NJ
    State : New Jersey
    Country : United States Of America

    I'm supposed to meet up with a friend from Long Island at the show but if you're going to be there, let me know and you can join us!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two very nice projects Sharon. I have so many WIPs too complete and I do plan to work on them this year but it isn't keeping me from starting something new. Ugh....I may need to rethink this approach.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like both of these projects and look forward to seeing more as you work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely projects Sharon! It has been too long since I ventured into applique...you have been an inspiration to give it another go.
    Sending hugs ...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...