~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Days Outside Border 4

This is a fun quilt to be piecing together when it is single digits outside! :-) Although I really have had enough of this Winter's frigid temperatures... the embroidery in this quilt reminds me of when I was a kid... and simply LOVED to go outside and play in the snow....


There is more embroidery that needs to be extended into the top pieced section... but, I'll get to that a little bit later... right now I'm concentrating on getting the piecing all set. Next step will be another section of the center.

I have been going through some of my stash again... while working on this quilt, I've realized that I will never get to stitch all of the kits I have... so I have listed a few Jan Patek kits on eBay. All of these kits have the patterns... and include the original Jan Patek Moda fabrics that were used in the design of the pattern. Click here to check it out! You just might find something you simply have to stitch up between now and Spring's arrival! :-)

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon

10 comments:

  1. Sharon, that is going to be such a nice quilt. I love that winter scene. It looks so charming. I can't wait to see this quilt finished. You've done a lot of work on this.
    Hugs,

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget that our fabrics are different...lol. Gonna be winners, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to recall outdoor winter adventures with my siblings and neighborhood friends... seems like the cold never bothered us! My, how that changes in adulthood! Snow Days is lovely... such delicate embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's coming along so well, looking forward to each step you add to it. I love the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do beautiful work on your quilts, wish I had the patience to do nicer work, but I am always in too much of a hurry. Great kits and prices, hope you get higher bids.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really liking the golden colors used in this project.
    You do beautiful work !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, the points are perfectly placed...well done indeed! You are truly a Master Quilter!
    Wishing you a lovely Winter's day ...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty stitchery and those blocks are pieced perfectly! I'll keep an eye out for your progress. This looks like it will be a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the patchwork blocks! Beautiful fabrics.
    You sure are putting your snow days to good use.
    Hope the worst is over now. It's a heat wave. The temp. is in the mid 20's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...