~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Mixing it up

It was such a relief to get one of my BIG projects done and off to the quilter... that I decided to tackle a couple of small projects before jumping on to my next BIG project...

This one is called "Quaker Sampler Stocking" and is a design from Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm. The pattern can be found in the Christmas 2013 issue of Early American Life Magazine. The front is needlepunch and the back is an antique black wool. I stuffed this with wool snippets to use as a door hanger... but, you could also stitch this as a stocking (with an open top) to hold some of your holiday greenery... finishes up at about 10" tall and 4" wide.


This silly little gal is a design by Country Stitches. It's called "Tricks and Treats" and makes me smile every time I look at her! :-) I was having a difficult time of stitching over 1 on the 22 count Ariosa (that was suggested)... so I tossed that start and moved on to my trusty ol' 32ct linen... over 2, of course ;-) The stitched area is about 7" x 6". I'm still trying to decide on a good way to finish this piece. The sample is in a black frame... but, I think this might make a great treat bag...


And now that I got some smalls out of my system... it's back to the BIGGIE! Yep... Snow Days... piece by piece... it's time to "git-r-done"! ;-)

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon



15 comments:

  1. ohboy...I am so looking forward to see the Wisdom House all quilted! Your stocking is stunning!! And, I think that Halloween one will be perfect as a treat bag, as you said. Keep up the good work! Snow Days! You're almost caught up to me. Then, I will definitely need to get my butt in gear again. ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, you always choose the best projects. I especially love that pumpkin witch. You did a great job on her. I can't do that fine cross stitch. My eyes go crossed if I try working on small counts. I end up having cross eye stitch, hahaha.

    Stay warm and keep on stitching.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like both of your pieces, and I love Lori's designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitcheries are beautiful and fun, love Lori's new designs but haven't done any cross stitch lately. The snow days is such a beautiful quilt and a lot of work, but a nice year long project.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered when you were going to come back to Snow Days. Perfect weather for it. I love your finishes. They are so nice. I wondered about over one when I read that pattern. I imagine it would look wonderful but to me it sounded like driving on the British side of the road. Really a brain work out. Since I am at a complete loss when it comes to doing linen at all. :) I have some nice linen too.
    So nice to see what you have been up to Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, your stocking is beautiful... I'll take 8 please ;)

    Actually, both of your small projects are nice. Can't wait to see the BIG ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job on both projects. How did the new frame work out? See you are plugging away at your projects.
    Hugs-
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty projects! I'd say those are biggies:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My you are moving right along on your projects and they are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these projects are very sweet. You did a great job !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how lovely!! You are one talented gal!!
    Happy day to you Sharon ...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great needle punch stocking! I like the idea of a treat bag for your sweet pumpkin cross stitch!
    xoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon,
    Great job on both projects. You sure are getting lots done. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...