~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Will Soon Be Here... Part 2

Hey there! Two posts in one day! :-) Well... I finally finished up that "mystery project" I was talking about and was lucky enough to have 60 degree and sunny weather outside today to get some pics of it...

This piece is called "Merry Christmas"... it's a pattern by Farmhouse Threads. I bought this as a kit from Primitive Gatherings last year... please excuse the footprints in the pic... but, that's the result of melting snow *hurray*... The size is 60" x 4"...


What made this a project that was different from anything I've done before... was that I used my ol' Kenmore (fitted with a walking foot) to machine quilt it! Yep... it was last year's 12 Days of Favorite Quilty things featured on Lisa Bongean's (of Primtive Gatherings) blog... that introduced me to a Hera marker. That's what I used to measure and mark the diagonals of where I wanted to quilt... then took a deep breath... and with the longest stitch setting on the machine... all those diamond shapes got quilted.


Then, the binding went on...

Next, the wool letters were fused in place with Steam A Seam Lite and whipstitched with matching DMC thread...




This was another one of those "learning projects" for me... and it was a fun one and something a little bit different! So now I'm looking forward to machine quilting my next project! :-)

And now, some more pics of the decorating... I love snowmen, so I have quite a few of those...




And, of course, the Christmas tree... decorated with Shiny Brites, cars, radios and tinsel!


Thanks for visiting and have a very Merry Christmas!!!

~Sharon


17 comments:

  1. I love how yours came out, beautiful quilting. I do like the idea of doing word quilts for the holidays and have some designs like that in Cheri's book.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, I love Merry Christmas kit piece. So cool and gosh you did such an amazing finishing job on it. I love it. Love all your decorations too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! What a great Christmas piece. Warm here too, but not for long! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love,love your Merry Christmas quilted piece. So very pretty.

    Cool tree.
    Merry Christmas, JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Love all of your decorating it looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project, I love your Merry Christmas quilting project, it can out quite nicely....Your home is very festive and in my world you can never have too many snowmen and Shiny Brites...your Christmas tree is lovely...Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhhh Sharon! You did an absolutely wonderful job on your Merry Christmas project. WOW!! You should be very proud of yourself. Lovin' all your decorations...your tree is beautiful! Merry Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your decor and you did a great job on the banner. What a perfect project to machine quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how it turned out. You have inspired me to try some machine quilting
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Merry Christmas piece is really cool--did you cut the letters out yourself--they look perfect! Love the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your project. your house looks festive and wonderful.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your decorations!! The Merry Christmas is perfect!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharon your house looks like a dream...love the Merry Christmas banner...great job on learning new ways...

    wishing you and the Radio Guy a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your "Merry Christmas" project is so beautiful !!
    Merry Christmas to you Sharon. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Merry Merry Christmas to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Sharon! Everything!! Love that little quilt, never tried machine quilting but might want to someday........soon. LOL......Hope you had a merry Christmas. Have a happy, healthy, blessed New year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...