~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Friday, November 1, 2013

Wisdom House Block 12 and 12a

Happy November! And, what better way to start a month... than with a finish! :-)

Here is the Wisdom House Blocks 12 and 12a. The block with the proverb had the option to either embroider or needleturn applique the letters. And, when you take into consideration that this quilt is built around this proverb... I thought it needed some pretty fabrics to make it stand out in the whole quilt design. Since I still wasn't ready to test my patience with needleturn on such thin letters... I brought out the Steam-A-Seam and fused them to the background... then followed with some whip stitches for reinforcement and embellishment...


I've already gone back to Block 1 and started reviewing the blocks to the layout and now it's ready... set... go all the way to the FINISH line!!!! :-)

We had the most Trick Or Treaters last night than we've had in the whole 15 years we lived here. First time ever that we handed out more candy than we had to keep.... and the kids costumes were fabulous! Such a good feeling to enjoy some happy times! :-)

And now... I leave you with a picture of a November day out my side porch window... looks like there is a ghost in the bushes... but, that's just the reflection of my hand holding the camera... BOO!


Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon




9 comments:

  1. oh Sharon...that is fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing you put all of the blocks together. You are rockin' it, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get that many Trick or Treaters on halloween. We used to hand out tons of Halloween treats when we were getting lots of kids from the neighbourhood and beyond but now we don't get any Trick or Treaters.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt come together,
    Have a safe weekend Sharon.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks and you do beautiful work. I have tried the fusible and i make more of a mess, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sharon - your blocks look fantastic - the whole quilt is going to be amazing! And I love the picture of your tree-lined street - wish we had those where I live - makes for such a sense of community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product, your work is lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your block looks great. It is a wonderful feeling to be closing in on a finish !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blocks...can't wait to see the finish!

    We only had 3 trick or treaters this year...so sad! I have tons of candy left but at least it isn't anything my family likes (on purpose).

    Beautiful November day in your neighborhood. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful! I hope to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...