~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Friday, October 25, 2013

Wisdom House Block 11

Whew! Forty eight little leaves... after hours and hours of stitching those little buggers they started looking like pumpkin seeds! lol! A test of patience for sure... like catching flies with chopsticks... 


In the instructions we were given the option of using thin strips of fabric or embroidery for the lines on the windows and branches of the willow trees. And while I'm no quitter... I ain't no fool neither... so I chose embroidery! lol!

Good thing... 'cuz forty eight half-inch leaves has me singing along with Barney right now... yes... the big purple dinosaur...

lol!

I'll be ok...

Really...

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon

16 comments:

  1. I'm with you ~ floss vs. fabric? um...no brainer!
    your little house looks so cozy! love the blue-ness of it!
    xoxox
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good! With my patience, 48 would have become 40, then 35, then 30....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, worth every little stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Great job, Sharon! That block is totally awesome! Such patience surely paid off. And, yes...you made the correct choice. ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. 48? My oh my you must have the patience of a saint! But that purple dinosaur - I don't want to go there ever again!! Lol! My kids watched him too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have the persistence that you do- I would have resorted to machine applique! I do like the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That my friend is a labour of love and it's like giving birth and when it's done with, you forget about the pain and do it over again, lol. It looks some nice and I think that I prefer the embroidery thread. Great stitching...
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon oh my goodness! That is a lot of tiny little stitches! But what wonderful results! I LOVE that red fabric on the roof and the brown for the tree trunks! May the patience fairy be sitting on your shoulder!!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful block and your stitchery is always so beautiful. I prefer hand stitching, I have more control and easier to take out if I need to fix something;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's a wonderful block, love the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so funny.
    It all looks beautiful !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are indeed a very patient woman and it paid off as it looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, 48 tiny leaves would have me talking to strange purple dinosaurs too. Great job though! You are a patient woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You make me laugh, yep, I think I might have gone over the edge with that.
    Your block looks fantastic though. You did a really nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am really falling in love with this Wisdom House quilt---who is the pattern by? It is just soooo inviting. I love all of the motifs in this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Sharon! Barney, huh? I get that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...