~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Monday, October 7, 2013

Gathering Acorns and Gifts

I can remember trying counted cross stitch for the first time in 2008... my first piece took soooo looooooong. But, I tried another one anyways! ;-) Then came the pattern stash accrual... and floss and linens... and, while designers continue to release new patterns (each better than their last)... I decided it might be a good idea to start and finish some of the ones I first purchased (some 5 years ago), before continuing on with new releases... with that said, I bring you...

Gathering Acorns
A 2008 (maybe 2009?) release from Country Stitches
With Thy Needle and Thread

... stitched on 22 ct. Fine Ariosa with charted DMC threads. Lightly aged with walnut stain... stuffed with wool snippets and backed with same fabric as the top of the acorn. A fun, quick stitch... and yes, the pattern is still (after all these years) available on the Country Stitches website... here. lol! :-)

I also received some goodies in the mail from my buddy Pam! She stitched a beautiful Blessings Saltbox House (with angel) punchneedle and attached it to a really kewl basket! Isn't it beautiful? This basket also happens to be just the right size to hold my current Wool BOM in progress (more on that later... we are working on that together, though neither of us have been able to start it yet? lol!) 


Pam also included some projects books, and patterns for hooking and wool applique.. along with a gorgeous piece of wool! And those scarecrow plates and napkins are too cute! I love it all! :-)


And now... back to stitching the two BOM's (in progress for 3 years) of top priority! You know... the ones I must finish before starting another new anything!?!?!? lol! ;-)

Until next time! 

~Sharon


8 comments:

  1. WOW...that acorn is awesome! Great job! Gifts in the mail...aren't they fun? Great gifts, too! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow indeed, what a thoughtful and generous friend to send you all these gifts in the mail. I love that saltbox and the basket. Your acorn cross stitch is amazing.
    Now you have no time to loose, lots of projects to tackle.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice your gifts are and I love that acorn. Your stitching is always so nice to look at. You remind me to get my self if gear and get those patterns I have stacking up in my basket finished.
    Lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your acorn, that is a nice piece for fall. Love your goodies, lots of great patterns to make and have fun with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your acorn...great motifs! Fun goodies!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

  6. How lovely to finish the acorn and I am tempted to buy the pattern now as it is so pretty!
    The basket is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the acorn finish! Great fall piece! What great goodies from Pam, too! Looks like you have a lot to keep you busy.

    Keep on stitchin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I gave up cross stitch a long time ago not sure I have the eyes for it any more.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...