~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Monday, October 28, 2013

Brandywine Hook-In

Taking a break from the Wisdom House quilt process here to share with you a most fabulous hook-in I attended this past Saturday. I have to say this guild does a superb job of keeping us rug hookers happy with wool and patterns and comfortable space for us to pull some loops!

Here are some room views so that you can get the idea of how many we managed to fill into the Wagontown Fire Department Meeting Hall in Coatsville, PA...



Our table... Kathy and Debbie... and many, many snacks and candies!
Dianne Pearce Basketmaker booth in the background
Our table... Debbie and Nancee with Rebecca Erb Wool Studio booth in the background.
There were rugs on display... they had so many rugs to show they needed to break down the first batch mid way through the show to set up a second display... here is a small sampling...






And there were vendors... Grant Street Wool Works, Two Old Crows, Blue Tulip Woolery, Fluff & Peachy Bean, Spruce Ridge Studios, Heavens To Betsy Wool, Rebecca Erb Wool, Homespun, Heart In Hand, The Wool N' Gardner, Dianne Pearce Basketmaker,  Misty Pond Primitives...
Wool N Gardner booth is along the middle of the back wall.  Gorgeous hand dyed woolens...
Two Old Crows booth... I purchased the pattern for the top rug.
I visited only 3 of these vendors and completely depleted my funds for the day... lol! I bought patterns... about 8 or 9 of them... I'm looking forward to hooking them soon after I finish these two quilt tops I have in progress...

Many thanks to the Brandywine Rug Hooking Guild and all the vendors for making this wooly event a SUPER SUCCESS!!!

It truly was a wonderful day! :-)

~Sharon





12 comments:

  1. Sharon,
    Thanks so much for the tour. It looks like a WONDERFUL hook-in. 8 or 9 patterns??? WOW! That is quite a stash and the one you showed looks big. You'd better hurry up with those quilt tops and get that hook going. It better be smokin'!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rugs! Looks like a very fun and well organized gathering. I agree, buy great patterns when you come across them! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a large gathering and a good place to network as well. Lucky you to be there and visited three venders and bought stuff. That's what it's all about, having loads of fun.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stinker, I didn't know you took a pic at our table! And I thought it was 5 or 6 patterns you bought. Hmmmm, LOL. You better get hooking if you want to buy some wool (for Joanne) at the Spring hook in! Happy that you made the trip out! Was so good to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great turn out and so nice to be able to get together with the girls.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been to this "hook in" many times. It is done so nicely and it one of my favorites. ;) Just the vendors alone are amazing !
    Glad you had a great time.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I've never seen so many 'hookers' in one place at the same time! (Sorry, I just HAD to...)

    I've told Rose (Three Sheep Studio) a 'few' times that I need a lesson. I love the look of this craft but have never learned how to do it.

    Brandywine? Where is this? My husband is from Wilmington, DE and we visit there a couple of times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like just a wonderful way to spend a day and to get to be around all of that talent. The rugs are incredible.
    Now all you have to do is find the time. :) I always have way more projects than I have time it seems like. :) Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearie me, what gorgeous rugs!!!! I do love the pattern that you purchased...and shall look forward to seeing the finish!
    Happy hugs to you...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great hook~in.....such wonderful rugs and sounds like you will be keeping busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...