~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Autumn and We Have A Winner!

With Autumn falling into place yesterday at 4:44 pm (EST)... I should have a pumpkin finish for you... but, I haven't finished a pumpkin yet... so, here's my latest needlepunch instead... ;-)


It's called "Old Glory" and is a design by Jan Goos. This one is pretty big... finishes up at 7-1/2" x 9-1/2". I just grabbed DMC flosses from my stash that kinda matched the sample pictured on the pattern. I used a double strand of DMC floss to whip stitch a thick wool yarn around the edge... then backed this piece with a piece of wool.

A big thank you to everyone that entered the giveaway from the last post! I may have to give away a few more patterns before the end of this year... because giveaways are kinda FUN! lol! Anyways, the winner of the Stacy Nash pattern and Mercantile Gatherings magazine is...
Monica
The Hoopless Stitcher

Congrats to Monica! I've sent you an email. Please let me know what your mailing address is and we'll see what else I can fit in that envelope... ;-)

So. What am I doing on this very first FULL day of Autumn? Well... washing all my woolies! Yes, that's right. I finally remembered to order up some Kookaburra Wool Wash and decided to lightly rinse and fluff all the wool I have in my stash. The Kookaburra Wool Wash has lanolin and other oils in it that condition the wool to be nice and soft and also helps as a moth deterrent. It also contains Tea Tree Oil as a natural disinfectant... I'm getting ready to get hookin' again!

First things first though... back to finishing up my quilt BOM's...

~Sharon

11 comments:

  1. Sharon, this lovely. Can you come over and teach me to punch? hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you did on this piece. Congrats to the lucky winner

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out beautifully, love how the background came out.
    I got one more fall piece to finish and i need to get to christmas, seems I an never catch up, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, this is lovely, very nice job...Congratulations to the lucky winner! Sending Autumn greetings from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the needle punch...you are rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the punch!
    Congrats Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Punch Needle project.
    Really like your finish !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful finish Sharon, yay for a hooking project, It looks like you are really getting ready for fall, Congrats to your winner! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the winner. The punch rug is beautiful and it's a great pattern.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super punched piece Sharon! Love the background! And congrat's to Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your finished punch! Colors, everything! Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...