~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Autumn

I simply love everything there is about Autumn... crisp clear blue skies, white puffy clouds, warm sunny days and cool moonlit nights... ahhhhhh Autumn... frost on the pumpkins, warm spiced apple cider, colorful leaves, sweaters, scarves and boots... and crows! ;-)

My first official Autumn stitch of this season is Beggar's Night by Threadwork Primitives! This is one of those patterns that makes you want to drop everything and just sit and stitch it up as fast as you can so that you can enjoy it for the season! And.... I practically did just that! Love this design!


I used charted DMC threads... but substituted 32 ct. Foglifter's Blend by R&R (because that's what was in my linen stash). Backed with a piece of the wool you see in the picture... stuffed firm with wool snippets... and finished up at 5-1/2" x 7-1/2". Every stitch of this design was enjoyable! Thanks so much, Nan!

And now for the winner of the Strawberry Sampler pattern...

Rose from Three Sheep Wool

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend! We had lots of fun visiting with friends... good laughs, good eats, great memories! :-)

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon



8 comments:

  1. It looks splendid Sharon. I love seeing your version on the R&R Foglifter linen. Thanks for stitching it and for emailing me so I could pop over here to see it. You definitely got it done FAST! Smiles, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Rose! She will love the Strawberry Sampler.

    I really like your Beggar's Night...cute pattern. I'm headed to Threadwork Primitives now to see what's new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great pattern. Perfect for Fall. I agree with you, it is the best season. I think I could be happy if it was Fall all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhhh...another masterpiece! I like that a lot! Good job, Sharon.

    Congrats to Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful pattern. Is there any chance it could be offered as a punchneedle design? The size too would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Rose on winning the giveaway.
    Sharon, your Beggar's night pattern is like you described, very beautiful. You always choose beautiful patterns and do such a great job.

    Enjoy the cooler weather.
    Hugs,
    JB


    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I read your post wrong. I thought it was your pattern.
    What a lovely finish you have accomplished!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...