~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wisdom House Block 6

Way back in February 2011, I started a BOM titled "Wisdom House". It's a Jan Patek design. As with most stitchy projects, (especially BOM's) I got distracted. Now I'm back to finishing up all the stuff that I started... before beginning something new.

This is Block #6 of 12. It finishes up at 27" x 12". A bit wonky. But, I am still learning.


When I first started this BOM... it was because I had absolutely no experience in quilting or applique and wanted this big project spoon fed to me... lol! Well, two years and a few Youtube videos later... the practice is getting easier as I've tried a couple of different techniques. This latest method is being taught by Jan Patek herself. She recently made a few videos and posted them on Youtube. Click here to take a look.

Thanks for visiting!

~Sharon

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt block, Sharon. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on those applique BOM, and it's so pretty. Patek has some great patterns.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are wonderful and it will be a beautiful quilt when it is done.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a great job, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute houses, love the fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep saying that I am not starting anything new until I finish some UFOs (including a couple BOMs)...so far, I haven't succeeded.

    Your house are too cute! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Sharon...not wonky at all (unlike my "loops.") I shall look forward to seeing the finish...it will be lovely most surely.
    Peaceful stitching...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Sharon it's lovely...don't think I've seen the pattern...you are doing great with finishing up projects...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! your block looks great. That is a kit I purchased too but haven't yet started!You are inspiring me too and I bought it for the same reason-to learn needleturn applique. The online including Jan Pateks tutorials are great aren't they?
    Have a great day and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks good to me. Not wonky at all. I have never seen that lady's patterns but will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very big block !
    Beautiful. Will be fun seeing the finish.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the link Sharon! I avoided hand applique like the plague for many years and then I found a method I loved and haven't looked back. I'm glad you are enjoying the process. Your houses look great. I love anything with houses too!! We are two peas in a pod on that!! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am new to your blog and glad I found you. I have always struggled with applique, but the new Jan Patek videos are so good. I am about to plunge in again. Thanks. Lee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...