~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Thursday, August 15, 2013

When Hobbies Collide

You all know my hubby enjoys his radios... and I enjoy my wool... and when his radios need protection from my rusty treasures... it's wool and thread to the rescue!

That radio guy's preferred brand is Zenith. So, I found a logo online and transferred that to some black wool... and then stitched that to a neutral colored background wool... backed it with tea dyed cotton and blanket stitched the edges with a valdani pearl cotton. Finished size is 12" x 24"


The weather has been splendid perfection the last couple of days... so, I've been taking care of some outside stuff when the sun is shining... and when the evening comes, I've been continuing to sort through my stash... found a cross stitch pattern that I forgot I had... well, once I remembered I had it, I could not get it out of my mind... so, I'm stitching on that! Almost finished... so check back soon!

Until next time... stay heathy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon

10 comments:

  1. Great job on the 'zenith', Sharon! Keep on sorting and finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever idea and looks wonderful with your box. I have the same one but all wood, no rusty hinges.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you're so sweet to use his favorite logo for your project. I bet he got a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your runner!! It is perfect!! The weather is great here also. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a very satisfactory solution for you both! Great job on the Zenith stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your hubby was impressed. It looks fabulous and I'm impressed.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is wonderful I bet your husband loves it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a perfect idea...looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...