~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Strawberries and Daisies

Sounds like Summer, doesn't it? *grin*

Last year... sometime around August, I had received Kathy Schmitz's Newletter in my e-mail. In the newsletter, she offered (for subscriber's only) a Bird In Hand blackwork strawberry pinkeep kit. You know I got me one! :-) It wasn't until this morning that I finally got it all finished... and tried for about an hour to get a good pic of it. This is as good as I can get the pic... so I apologize for the blurries... the background fabric has a tea stained crackle look about it... and the button on top is a black fabric with tiny cream dots on it. Great design and great kit!  I filled it with crushed walnut shells... it's about 4" high and 2" wide.


Now for some daisies... in glass ball jars!!! How perfect for Summer is that? Well... Anne over at Cottons and Wool had a Giveaway not too long ago. It was for a wool kit called "Just Picked Table Runner" that was very generously donated by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings... I was the lucky gal who was picked as the winner to receive this awesome kit! Thanks so much Anne!!! I'll be stitching on it this weekend!


Anne also took the time to post some wonderful pictures from quilt market on her blog... so, grab a cup or glass of something refreshing, click here, and relax and enjoy some great eye candy!

Well... we had some soaking rains from a tropical storm that blew through here yesterday and last night. I'm all for playing in the dirt (gardening) but, I do not play in the mud.. lol! So, it's sweet stitchin' time for this gal today... :-)

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon



11 comments:

  1. So glad you like your "winnings". Have fun working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely strawberry! I think it is beautiful. Well, it is going to be 110 today so I won't be playing outside much either.
    I think mud counts as a good reason to stitch.
    I love what you won in a giveaway. It looks like summer like you said.
    I always enjoy seeing what you have been doing.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your strawberry pin keep is beautiful. Congratulations on your winning. It's raining here too and I've been rug hooking a bit. To wet to play outdoors here too. You always have some interesting project on the go.
    Enjoy playing indoors today.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmy...that strawberry is super delicious!!! I love it! The daisies table runner looks like fun...you go, girl! So good to see someone keeping busy...all I've gotten done today is to baste a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your strawberry, beautiful stitching.
    I saw that you won and congratulations!
    That is a nice pattern and great for doing in different colors too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful strawberry...love the red with the black and cream. Great win!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy stitching. That strawberry is awesome. A unique take on the strawberry pin keep for sure. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weather hasn't been good in Ohio for yard work either. Hopefully tomorrow will be better because I am so far behind. Too much hook in', I guess.
    Love the strawberry. Sweet!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Blackwork Strawberry is so unique and beautiful !
    Lucky you for the giveaway. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the strawberry--so cute! Have fun with the table runner--I love that pattern--lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such sweet projects! We have had nothing but rain I am starting to mold.
    Have a great night
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...