~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pretty In Leaves

Sooooo... back to practice, practice, practice...

Here is some progress on a runner kit that I am using as more practice. This one is going to be practice for piecing, "Silhouettes" and hand quilting. I purchased this as a pre-cut kit from Laundry Basket Quilts. All the squares, triangles and center piece are all pre-cut... and the backing and binding fabrics are cut and ready to go too. The "Silhouettes" are the leaves... they are shapes that are laser cut and pre-fused. All you need to do is peel off the paper backing, position it where you want it, iron it down to fuse into place... and then either hand or machine stitch the edges. I plan on hand stitching these leaves.... but, just thought I'd share an update with you as to how it's going so far....


Well... looks pretty good from a distance... but, I can see where some of the pieces don't quite line up. I'm sure it's my lack of practice with triangles... and I'm even beginning to think some of my issues might be with pressing. I was thinking it might be a good idea to have a pressing board with horizontal lines on it... that way I'll know immediately if I distort the shapes when I open and finger press... I do follow with a "press" of a dry iron... no pushing it around on the fabric...

Practice, practice, practice...

Time to hand stitch those leaves...

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, love the design and the fabrics you used. I have some runners that I want to make, need to organize and start working on the things I really want to do and need for the house.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful runner and it looks perfect to me. I don't see anything out of alinement.
    Thanks for showing us this project. Have fun hand stitching.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me...your runner is GORGEOUS! And in the heat of summer, the autumn leaves (and cooler temperatures) are so very inviting!
    Peaceful stitching to you...
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well from the photos it looks great. I have to check out that site. That sound amazing to be able to have pieces cut by a laser.
    I think you do very nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...