~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Friday, May 31, 2013

Here comes June!

And it's going to be a hot one! Gee Whiz! I was enjoying actually having a Spring this year... warmer 70's during the day and 40's at night... and then *boom* 95 degrees with high humidity rolled in what seemed like overnight... so, on goes the air conditioning! lol!

Today's (quick) post is just a picture of a couple of stitchy projects... I managed the June Wool Banner (on time). The designs of the banners are by Lily Anna Stitches... but the BOM program is offered through Sew Cherished. I've actually been keeping up with this BOM... whodathunkit?


The little pear next to the banner is a needlepunch called Partridge In A Pear Tree and is a design by Country Stitches. My buddy Pam gifted the pattern to me a couple of months ago... thanks again Pam! Although the pattern called for 3-strand Valdani, I punched it with similar colors of 6-strand DMC. I'm trying ever so diligently to use up the stash I have rather than keep buying special for each project... so far, so good... ;-)

A little bit of embroidery and more "practice, practice, practice" on my ol' Kenmore in my next post...

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful pieces and I love the pear piece.
    Way to hot to go out today, so piddling around.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your June banner and the stitched pear. Your hand must never be idle.
    It's hot and humid here too. It feels more like August and the end of May.

    I hope that everyone stay safe with this fickle weather.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you're certainly getting more done than I am! Good for you! I love that pear! And, your banner is pretty, too. But, I really like the pear! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pear! Congrats on using what you have. You're a better woman than I am!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both projects. That pear is adorable. I can't believe you have your AC on already. We haven't hit temps like that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both projects! I love the pear! Sounds like our weather.Wish it stay 70-75 for a couple months and in January! LOL! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to see what you have been working on Sharon. I always enjoy looking at the work of your hands. Too bad about the humidity. I can take heat much better than humidity. I can wait to see what you have next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous handwork Sharon! I do fancy the pear, and am now tempted to give punching a go. Thank you for such lovely inspiration!
    Wishing you much joy...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very beautiful pieces in lovely colors.
    The banner is very interesting...
    At first glance, I thought it might be a fall theme - an old house with a vine intertwined with a row of "witches" standing in front of the house ! After looking at it again, I realized the "witches" just might be fence posts !
    Lovely work. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. such wonderful projects! We are in the heat too. It has been so crazy we had the fireplace going a few days ago because it was 40's
    Have a great weekend.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both those pieces. The weather here is crazy - hot and humid one day and the next day is so cold you need to put on socks and turn up the furnace!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...