~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Friday, March 1, 2013

Shhh... Don't Tell My Husband...

... but I had a SUPERBLY WONDERFUL FUN TIME at Quiltfest today!!!!

I found Some wool...

And then I found some patterns... you see the Sew Cherished pattern? Well.. she has an AWESOME Wool Banner of the Month program... I seen these pieces in person today and they are gorgeous! If you want to sign up for them, click here. I did! ;-)


More patterns...


and then some notions... believe it or not, the fabric in the center of this pic is the only fabric I bought... it's 2 yd cut!


Naturally... There were some amazing quilts on display! I'll stop talking and let you look at them (click to enlarge)... as you get closer to the last few pics, they are blurry... reason being I was so hungry I nearly passed out!!! lol!




 I'd love to stitch this one up...
 This one has Polish Heritage to it...
Pennies from Heaven Wool quilt...

 Can't go wrong with tan and blue...


 Teeny, tiny triangles...
 Each square was about an inch? Great way to use up every last scrap of fabric though!
 Hand quilted... not sure of this was hand pieced though...
 Antique doily...
 Quilted and beaded...
 A classic... the fabrics in this are fabulous!
 This is a wool quilt... it was actually from an issue of Fons & Porter magazine...
 Loved the antique look of this quilt...

 The colors in this one were muted vintage... so beautiful...

Signs posted all over saying that pictures were NOT to be taken of samples (in booths) until AFTER you purchased the pattern... so, these are the samples for a couple of the patterns I showed earlier...




All in all a super fun day! I was there about 4 hours even though I only planned on being there for 2 hours! Now... it is time to get a good nights sleep... and get back to hooking tomorrow! :-)

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon

12 comments:

  1. Sharon ~
    I won't tell but you done good, girlfriend.
    Wonderful quilts. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. It was fun looking at all the different quilting styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome goodies and quilts Sharon! Glad you had such a fun day. It's always inspiring to see something made up. Thanks for showing us. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we fabric-holics and pattern-holics would NEVER tell!! I love the wool you purchased and the patterns are beautiful!!!! YOu are going to be very, very busy. I love the quilts! Especially the more primitives one...GORGEOUS!!!! Looks like you had a fun filled day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! You done good, girl! What could be better than wool and more patterns? I think you're going to live to a very very ripe old age so you can get all of those works finished! Glad you went and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice finds, beautiful wools and pattern to use them in.
    I enjoyed the quilt show, lots of beautiful pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to spend the day! Looks like you found some wonderful things to be working on throughout the year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an awesome quilt show. Thanks for sharing pictures of the quilts. I really like the red and white ones!! You found some great patterns and notions and WOOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's my kind of shopping! looks like you have a stupendous day...so many goodies to use...the last pattern with hexagons and crows is wonderful...hope you were able to sleep with all those images of a great day dancing around in your head...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WANT to be a "quilter" so badly....one of these days when time doesn't matter I am going to be a "quilter" !! I will NEVER have to purchase fabric ever - (that doesn't mean I won't mind you)!!! (big smile)!
    You must learn to take "snacks" and keep them in your purse...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can understand why you were there for 4 hrs! I would have been too! So many gorgeous patterns and you did really well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It almost makes me want to quilt. I do not have the mind for it.
    good for you with all your goodies.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...