~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Some Finishes

We managed to stay on the low end of snow totals from Nemo. For that I am very thankful! We cleared the snow out of our driveway and off our cars yesterday... and it's a quick return to Winter as normal here...

I took advantage of the time spent indoors and finished some cross stitch pieces I had been stitching on over the course of a couple of months now... all have been stuffed with wool snippets...


Peacock Keys
by Primitive Bettys
Stitched on 32 ct natural linen with specified DMC threads,
I added some aged cheese cloth ribbon tied with linen thread
Finished piece measures just under of 8" x 12"


Grey House
by Threadwork Primitives
Stitched on 32 ct natural linen with specified DMC threads
(I may have substituted a different DMC color for the house... I forget)
Backed with the fabric shown in lower right of picture
Finished piece measures just 7" x 4"


The Bittersweet is Blooming
by Primtive Basketcase
Stitched on 32ct natural linen with specified DMC threads
Added some autumn toned Barbara Brackman fabric to frame the
edges with a little bit of color.
Finished piece measures 10" x 7"


Merry Christmas Pinkeep
by Stacy Nash
This was a limited edition kit offered By Stacy Nash late December 2012
It was my first try at using Walnut Crystals for aging a stitchery... and I just love the look of the vintage tinsel garland on the edge (included in kit).
Finished piece measures 9" x 7"

Sorry about the "boring style" pictures.... but, it is cold and snow covered outside.... so I had to improvise with background fabrics and an Ott light indoors... lol

I hope that everyone in the Northeast has managed to stay safe and warm through this northeaster... and hopefully, it will be the last storm for a long time...

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon

15 comments:

  1. Great finishes Sharon! So glad you are ok in this weather. We are getting rain right now then more snow is to come. I would rather just have snow this time of year. At least you are being very productive. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful finishes with us. Take care. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! Those all look fabulous! Wow! Great job on the cross stitch, too. Glad you didn't get hit too hard with snow. I am really ready for spring. ~sigh~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the walnut aging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, your work is exquisite and you got a lot done. I would go cross eyed trying to cross stitch on a 32 count. Just beautiful work.

    We got off easier than some with the snow accumulation . It's hard to tell how much we got because of drifts but I think it around a foot of snow. The wind was constant and I'm glad the storm is over.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely samplers, wonderful fabrics and finishes. I have never used walnut crystals for aging, but I like the results. I am adrift in a sea of white and another storm is coming in tomorrow. I am so ready for spring. Sending greetings from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous finishes. You've been stitching up a storm. Hmmm, was Nemo your fault? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, these look really great. I love peacocks, so I'm loving Primitive Betty's design. Thanks for stitching Grey House. It looks wonderful as a Blue House :) Hugs, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon ~
    Love all the finishes (mine are all "un-finishes"), especially the Stacy Nash Merry Christmas.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing your finishes. You do such beautiful work. Such an amazing amount of work.
    I have wondered about walnut crystals. Your finish looks wonderful with them, I might try some now. Thanks so much for sharing.
    You keep me motivated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon your fingers must have been flying...love all your finishes...the Stacy Nash piece is awesome...glad you barely got any of Nemo...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooohhhhhh so beautiful! Each & everyone! Stay warm my friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful finishes....you are so talented with a needle and thread! Glad you didn't get covered up in snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I liked doing cross stitch cause I would LOVE to own everyone of your pillows...:( !! But my patience level is not very high - I LOVE the blues....did you get the backing of the "Grey House" at The Cinnamon Stick...(smile)!! AND the "bling" on the Christmas one...woohoo!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not boring at all! Your finishes are so beautiful they're a feast for the eye!
    TFS!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon, I love all your finishes! I haven't been brave enough to use walnut stain on my cross stitch, I always use coffee. Now, the baskets that you have from 1803 Ohio Farm Baskets were stained with Walnuts - which I'm sure you know! Happy weekend. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...