~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Friday, January 11, 2013

Moving Right Along

I've been taking my time. Enjoying each stitch. Only thing is... it's half way through January, and I only just finished my Christmas pieces! lol!

Here is "Snowed In". The Stacy Nash Girl's Club from Country Sampler Quilt Shop.

Lightly stuffed with cotton and backed with the homespun that was included in the kit. It's a good size with the larger piece finishing at about 8" x 7". The smaller one is supposed to have a ribbon to be used as a hanging ornament. But, I left it off as I plan on using both of these as pillow tucks.

Next up is "All Is Calm". A needlepunch by Country Stitches.


Also lightly stuffed with cotton, this one is backed with a dark grey to black wool. When I first started buying wool for rug hooking, I would buy a lot online. The stuff I bought that I consider too thin for hooking, now makes a great backing for pinkeeps and pillows.

I'll finish this post with my stubbies... lol... my hyacinth forcing experiment looks like I needed to have them in brighter light. The poor things got to be just tall enough for the flower. No stems. They kinda look like hydrangeas... but, the aroma is absoutely heavenly hyacinth! Mixes well with the aroma of the fresh Christmas tree we still have in our living room... lol!


Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

~Sharon



13 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE those pieces!!!! Counted cross stitch takes long to do but sure are worth it!!! Looking forward to seeing more finishes. Good plan with the thinner woolens. It's the weekend...Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your latest finishes! Wish I had more time to do puncheeedle as I love all of Brenda's designs.
    You're just right to enjoy each stitch and at the same time enjoy the scent of your cute stubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such wonderful pieces. they are winter not just christmas.
    I love your flowers they smell so wonderful.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I LOVE all your stitching and hooking. Such beautiful patterns. Having fun doing something is so much better that to have to hurry.
    My tree is still standing with only the lights on today. I've taken off all the ornaments and the totes are waiting to be put away. My farm work interferes with my house work. lol... I had a baby bull calf this afternoon.

    Stay safe and warm
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sharon, I can smell the hyacinth! Lovely :)
    Love the cross stitch but especially the pn piece. So sweet.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finishes! I am still just enjoying looking at the Stacy Nash kit ;) There is always next year...
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon,
    Absolutely gorgeous finishes! I would leave them out all year or at least for a couple of months to enjoy them! I like the way you are extending Christmas with the tree and all! LOL! The hyacinths remind me of Spring! You can always hang bunnies on that tree!! :-)
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Must have missed a post or two, been a bit dense lately.
    Love your new pieces, you always do such beautiful work.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon your pillows are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon your pillows are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon your pillows are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these finishes! Lovely!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your stitching finish and your needle punch finish! I have a pattern for needle punch that I want to try (would be a first for me) but am waiting for my back ordered Valdani to arrive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...