~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

So far, so good! We stayed home for New Year's Eve and to our benefit got some good rest to start the New Year with some ENERGY!!!! That Radio Guy built a transmitter... so that every antique radio in our home can capture the broadcast from his iPod! lol! Yep... let me tell you, not only is it cool, but very motivational too! I spent the morning in the kitchen making a pot of stuffed cabbage and then went on to making tuna salad for the next couple days of lunches and managed the dishes for all that.... while boogeying and twisting to the sounds of the oldies blaring from our kitchen radio... *sweet*

We have a video about the particulars of the transmitter... along with some of our home and greetings for a Happy and Healthy 2013! Take a minute to watch if you want...



It seems everyone has ben sharing their plans, goals and resolutions for 2013. So, I'll hop on that wagon and share some of mine...

Hook
(and stitch)
MORE

*******

Cook
(and clean)
LESS

How's that grab ya'?!?!?

Seriously though... my main resolution will be to slow down and enjoy what's right in front of me. I spent most of 2012 just barely keeping up with the days. Holidays and special events went by without any real hoopla or acknowledgement. Too much running on the hamster wheel and "just getting it done".

The time between Christmas and New Year's had some work days... but, also had two back to back 4-day weekends. Plenty of time to sit and think and figure it all out. And with a rested mind, I came to the conclusion that...

I want
Quality

not
Quantity

So, I guess my "Word for 2013" will have to be

Prepared

Yes... I want to be prepared to have a good time... I want to be prepared for bad times... I want to be prepared to smile... and I want to be prepared to cry... yes... I even want to be prepared to actually sit and stitch on some the many patterns and kits I've managed to collect over the last year (or so)!!!! lol! Yes... shopping is "happy time"... but actually finishing a project is "genuine happy time"... and that's what it's all about...

Genuine Happiness

I visited Primitive Betty's blog this morning... and feel that her blessing for the year is so worth repeating many times over...

"May you rise each morning with love in your heart and energy to fulfill all your dreams
from the night before!"

Smart words, no?

So, it's time to dust off my sewing machine and get to finishing some stitchy stuff!

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon

15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sharon, I love your stitchery and punch needle pieces. So pretty. We have lots of snow here too in New Brunswick Canada.

    I think that you are starting the new year just right.
    I enjoyed the video and it's real nice seeing what you look like.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments.

    I wish you a great year of all the best, good health, joy, peace, love, hope and prosperity. Stay safe and cosy warm.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitch pieces you are working on.

    your radio guy, enjoyed his video, and will have to share it with my own guy, no radios for him, but he is a whiz with all kinds of old things, clocks, motors, etc., the Buick radio & transmitter, he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready for the New Year' 2013 after reading your blog!!!!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon ~
    GREAT POST! I love your resolution. We could all benefit from your words of wisdom.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your words, "slow down and enjoy what's right in front of you." Perfect words for this first day of January. Happy New year from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds wonderful and all good ways to live.
    Cool transmitter. I love stuff like that.
    Happy New Year Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you too !! Love the wish for the new year !! Amen sista !!!....lol
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK Moosey,1st of all can I come over for some stuffed cabbage???
    Used to be my specialty for Christmas dinner every year along with ham,kielbasa & whatever.Not happnin' anymore being alone so I miss it. Oh what time will it be ready???
    2nd,your DH did a GREAT job on the video!!!! He's a radio genius!! John would have loved talking to him.
    3rd,you're so cute!!!!
    The Queen

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a good way to start the day and think about what we want to accomplish this year. I need to slow down and enjoy making the things I like and enjoy doing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year Sharon! What a cute video!! Fun to hear your voice too. Wishing you and your hubby many blessings in 2013. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your post! Such true words!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post, Sharon! Have the happiest 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming back in on this one! My Sweetie loved your radio guys set up, now he wants one for the garage, he has an old tube am radio in there already. He enjoyed the show! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post...have a wonderful new year!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your way of thinking! Those are some great goals and I bet you accomplish them :) Happy New Year to you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...