~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Moosies, Wins and Christmas Preparations

I was so relieved when the 5 o'clock whistle blew on Friday! Four wonderful, peaceful, merry spirited and creative days ahead of me! Whoo-hoo!!!! Christmas really is the most wonderful time of year... you just have to realize what's important and run with it... 

So, this year I kept decorations to minimum... because the main decoration is the tree, right? Yep. We have a real balsam fir this year... just finished decorating it yesterday afternoon... hopefully I'll be able to get a good picture of  it to share with you by Christmas Day. In the meantime here a couple of gatherings I did manage to get some decent pictures of. The lighting in my home is not so good... which is the reason most of my stitching finishes have been photographed on my back patio or front steps (instead of where they are displayed in my home).

A vase of flowers on the dining room table...

Snowmen and santa in one corner of my living room. The Snowman on the left I made from a kit from The Cheswick Company. The Santa pull toy is a fabulous creation by Lisa Evans. She is the sister of The Old Tattered Flag. Visit her website and look under notions. There just might be a couple more Santas left to purchase. They are paper mache and hand painted with beautiful details. An heirloom treasure! The big Snowman is spun glass (or plastic?)... it was purchased in Maine by my Dad about 30 years ago. My favorite snowman for sure! On the floor is an original hooked rug by Joanne McIllmurray! She is one awesome rug hooker! ;-)

This "window" hangs in the front porch of my home. It's one of the first things I bought for my home when we moved here. It's made from recycled barn wood and the panes are mirrors. I tucked some mason jars, greens and two make-do's from Rock River Stitches into the bottom tray.


And much to my surprise and delight... Debbie of Woolensails sent me a very thoughtful package of goodies! See those two moosies? Those are hand embroidered ornaments... stitches and aged to perfection! Debbie also included some snowmen patterns and garden house cross stitch pattern for me to stitch! Thanks so much Debbie!


This month I was also the lucky winner of a Socketbook over at Crazy As A Loom blog! What's a socketbook? Why, it's a pocket book made from socks of course!!! And, those socks are so brilliantly colored and S*O*F*T... stitched together to be a perfect way to carry books, magazines, iPad, or a stitching project... I simply LOVE it! Thanks again Hillary! Visit Hillary's blog... she's weaving some beautiful dishtowels... has a best buddy named Roy, a real sweet cat named Sydney and a grand daughter that has a smile that will melt your heart! :-)

I'm thinking I should really blog more often, so I'm not cramming so much into one post? lol! It seems the older I get, the faster time flies! Must be because climbing the hill takes energy... and once you make it Over The Hill... it's so easy and quick to keep rolling down the hill? lol! Which brings me to this...


Yes. Smart Start is a healthy cereal made by Kellogg's. And if you saved box tops and mailed a check for postage... they sent you this bowl. Unfortunately... I have lost my taste for that cereal and now use it to hold my Cadbury Milk Chocolate Balls! Because every Smart day Starts with Chocolate! ;-)

And, last but not least.... Lasagne. Yah. My favorite food group. It's tonight's dinner with some garlic bread...


Love cooking... hate dishes...


...got a dishwasher for that.... cuz who wants to spend hours cleaning up ooey gooey baked on cheeeeeeeeeze.... 

Remember... time is speeding up... use what you have left wisely...

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

:-)





11 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Sharon!
    LOVE the little corner with Joanne's rug. She is one fast hooker! Everything looks so festive.
    Great goodies you've received!
    You are so right about the days and months flying by. Heck, in my world it should only be Halloween...lol!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful 4 days off!!!
    ~`Merry Christmas`~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    Wow! I think you gave us lessons on how to pack Holiday preparations into four days! Great job! I sure do like that rug by Joanne too..... all of your decorating is wonderful! Love the window box.... oh heck.... love it all!!
    hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and time to relax a little too!!!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so my kind of girl - using the healthy cereal bowl to hold candy.....priceless!! Lol. Your decorations and winnings are perfect. Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful decorations and I like the window box, nice idea to hold christmas prims.
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and can enjoy some rest time to create.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas Sharon! Your decorations & goodies all look do wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Sharon...love your decorating...
    snowmen add such cheer! Happy time off...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Christmas touches Sharon! You have some beautiful handmades by yourself and others. Wishing you a peaceful, blessed Christmas. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ever so kindly for visiting my wee corner of the world!
    I wish you and your loved ones a splendid holiday season...may each moment be filled with joy!
    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you and the Radio Guy have the best Christmas ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas! Wishing you a day filled with lots of blessings :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...