~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Enjoying The Calm...

Today is a perfect 68 degrees with sunshine and a warm to slightly cool breeze. Gorgeous colored leaves all ablaze in their warmest golds, rusts and reds float through the air and color the ground to a crunchy kaleidoscopic perfection... ahhhh... sweet Autumn... and then, I turn on the radio or tv and I learn that a storm called Sandy will be in town starting tomorrow and won't be leaving us alone until Wednesday. 50-60 mph winds and 5-10 inches of rain... along with storm surges... will bring us some flooding and power outages. Hopefully everyone in it's path has taken the necessary precautions to prepare their home, family and pets for safety... with any luck... Sandy just might stay out to sea... I keep hoping anyways...

In the meantime, I thought I'd share with you some of the goodies that have been showing up in my mailbox over the last couple of months. First, how about these lovely baskets from Ann over at 1803 Ohio Farm Baskets? I have purchased from Ann in the past, and when I need some baskets, I always look to see what's in her shop before I go anywhere else. The reason is simple... she makes and sells only the best! Packs everything up nice and ships quickly too! The Woolhooker basket is keeping my wool quilt kits safe... and the larger basket to the right is keeping my Spring Bouquet Block of The Month organized. The small basket in the foreground will be used to hold snippets while I hook a rug. Don't you just love the clothes pin legs? You can visit Ann's blog here and her Etsy store here.


Next to arrive was a gift from Kim over at MyFieldOfDreams. See the Halloween edition of Just Cross Stitch Magazine over on the right? It has so many wonderful projects included... one of their best issues yet! Thanks again Kim! I haven't started on any yet... but, I do have 4 more days before Halloween arrives! lol!

Have you had the chance to visit Paulette of Sweet P Quilting & Creations? Well... you should! She is always sharing pictures of the gorgeous Canadian countryside... wool quilts... cotton quilts... desserts... garage sale finds... her recent venture into free motion quilting... and (of course) a giveaway or two! I was the lucky winner of her most recent giveaway which was a copy of Black Bird Design's When The Cold Wind Blows... soooooo many beautiful projects to keep me busy when the cold wind is blowing!!! Thanks so much Paulette! I hope to have that Christmas quilt stitched by NEXT Christmas! lol!

And the most recent arrival showed up just yesterday! These are my first official Christmas 2012 decorations! :-) They are exquisitely hand crafted by Tammy of Rock River Stitches! I have quite a few of her pieces and love them ALL! You can visit her blog here and her Etsy store here... Tammy sells patterns and completed pieces. You're almost guaranteed to find something of hers that you will love!

I did get some stitches in during the past few weeks. I finished stitching on The Bittersweet Is Blooming... it's a pattern by Pam of Primitive Basketcase. I'll share pictures when it is completely finished... and today I have a couple of goodies from Country Rustic Primitives that I am stitching on... pictures of those pieces next post too!

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

~Sharon




11 comments:

  1. I hope Sandy stays out to sea too. I have done nothing but think about this storm. I hope it isn't as bad as they keep saying.
    I love those baskets, I will be checking that place out.
    Stay safe and dry. I have been working on The Town of Halloween. I don't think I will get it finished. :) My next project is one from Pineberry Lane.
    I can't wait to see what you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, Looks like you have been getting some wonderful goodies in the mail including my snowman and tree make do's!! Thank you for featuring me on your blog!!!!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOHHHHH!! LOVE all the stuff!! I just saw the basket with the black handles in person. Katie had one when we were at hooking and I loved it. Thanks for posting all the sources.
    Hope that Sandy is good to you and goes away FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what fun to get gifts in the mail!! and those are great gifts! yay for you! keep those fingers busy... you have 3 more days to work at your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful baskets, I did win one once and love the homemade baskets, so much nicer and a treasure. Lots of great goodies. I went to a few stores and didn't buy a thing, though Bill was all ready to buy me a long arm, good thing one of us has good sense, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, I love all the goodies you got in the mail and those baskets are the cat's meow. Love them too. I have this thing for baskets and I'm running out of place for them, hahaha. You'll be all ready to cross stitch for next Halloween and have things to do when the cold wind blows this winter.

    I visited Paulette's quilting blog and Yay, she from Canada too... lovely work that she does on quilting.
    Have a great weekend.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. While the wind blows and the rain pours is a good time to enjoy craft work. Try to stay warm and dry. Hopefully it won't be two destructive.
    We've tried to prepare, bt who knows what will come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those baskets... I've been eyeing a few of them...maybe I can just buy one (the one you have your BOM in)...packages in the mail are the best...

    When The Cold Wind Blows...just let me know when you want to start making a quilt from there...I do too! Maybe we can get Jacque in on hand applique too...

    hope Sandy just breezes right by further out to sea...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon ~
    I just LOVE Ann's baskets! I have two of the three you've shown and I would love the large one on legs, too. Your Christmas goodies from Tammy are F-U-N!
    It is a miserable day in Ohio, cold, high winds and rain. I do hope Sandy decides a life at sea is better than on land. Stay safe, dear friend.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love love your baskets! And those feet too! One day.... Ann makes the best - I was gifted a small one from her that says "woolhooker's goods" gorgeous! On the dang storm - i don't want to watch the news - it just scares you to pieces. Prepared? Hmmm my boys have plenty of food and treats and snuggly places - does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon...love the baskets...especially the one with the feet! Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...