~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Monday, September 3, 2012

Wisdom House Block 5

Happy Labor Day!!! Happy September!!! The heat has left our area for awhile, but the humidity remains. One step closer to the cool, crisp days of Autumn... 

I'm also one block closer to finishing a Block of The Month quilt I started way back in February of 2011. It's called Wisdom House and is a design by Jan Patek. This particular block is #5 and finishes off at 20" x 16".


It's raining here today, so not a very good photography day. But, these blocks are all stitched with homespuns and look very soft and prim. The hand stitching that is involved with the needle turn applique is very relaxing. It was so nice to get back to this project. I'm going to be continuing on this while also mixing in some smaller cross stitch projects and maybe a wool applique or two. 

The next post will involve another pattern giveaway... so, don't forget to visit here again sometime soon!


10 comments:

  1. I like it! I do like house blocks so much. I always enjoy looking at what you are working on. How nice to have some rain.
    Well enjoy your day, I am working on September, so glad when I am done and I can move on to something else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. House blocks are some of my favorites...love the blue door...so many projects to choose from...how do you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice little house! Love the green roof and the red chimneys. Happy September!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very humid here in Ohio and Isaac's rain missed us. Darn!
    Love the star roof!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your house pattern and you are right about appliqué work, it's so relaxing and enjoyable. It's going to look great.

    Happy Labor day and Happy September. Looking forward to seeing your project finished.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics you used and how they give it shading for the sides of the house, that is going to be a beautiful quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to sit and handstitch - so soothing and relaxing. Happy Labor Day
    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great block Sharon! You are making good progress. Keep at it! I hope to do a house quilt of Jan's soon from one of her books. I've had it for years and have always wanted to do it. So fun to see your progress. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your blocks are coming right along! Love this newest one. You will have that quilt done before you know it. Sure wish we were getting rain but the humidity is always no fun at all. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your house quilt block Sharon! You are really getting a lot of stitching done and doing so many wonderful projects! I am hoping this week brings the cooler weather they are talking about so I get inspired as well! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing photos of the fun things you're creating!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...