~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Keep Calm & Create

Keep Calm & Create Thursday! Best advice ever!!! I took a vacation day to venture out to Hereford, PA. The destination to this road trip was The Cinnamon Stick! A loverly stone farmhouse filled to the brim with smiles, sweets, primitives, handmades and antiques! Judy put together some craft kits so that folks can gather and create together and start some new friendships.

My first find was the store owner Judy having some halloween fun with Joanne!

Then, I ventured up to the attic "creative laboratory" to learn quite a bit about paper crafting. New to me was making rosettes with a Martha Stewart rosette maker. Punching grommets with a monster of a grommet tool. And, distressing with ink and stamping! Put them all together and something fun happens.... this is the Halloween Garland kit... I created this one from the kit. It took only about 3 hours...


After the creating.... it was time for some shopping! :-) Here are a couple of pictures of the store area. Lots of good treats all around! Judy always has some beverage and snacks for you to sample. This day I tried some apple cider and some dips with pretzels... and of course, there are candies all about the store too! It is, after all, tricks & treats season! :-)



See the pumpkin lady on the pumpkin painted table? She AND the table came home with me to live in my living room! She is handmade by a local artist, and the craftsmanship and details are wonderful!

A very enjoyable day! I'm already looking forward to my next visit! :-)

The cool autumn breezes finally arrived here in Central NJ... so I have been spending most of my spare time outside in the yard. I've been clearing out the tired Summer flowers and making way for some mumms and Autumn decorations. It's also that time when the inside of the house gets a good scrubbing. Time to make everything warm and cozy so that time at home can be used for relaxing, baking, stitching and hooking. Ahhhhh... my favorite time of the year!

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

:-)


12 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. I wish I could afford the time to just go and have fun like that. Some day maybe. Thanks for sharing your little vacation with us.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! I absolutely love the Halloween Garland you made, what a fun and different craft to do. And you got to spend time with Quentin's Mom. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep dreaming of someday visiting that place. I love what got to come home with you. The doll is awesome and from the picture the table looks awesome. I think that garland is cool too. I am so glad you are getting to have a fall day.
    Enjoy it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love their store and so nice to meet Joanne and Judy. I would like to take a trip down south and hit a few places along the way.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A-ha!!! I thought I recognized that character behind the mask!
    Looks like loads of fun! Glad you had a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was a great day seeing you Sharon - come again SOON! Your garland turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place. And I'm so glad you came home with good memories AND treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just the kinda place I'd love to spend the day in!
    Love what you created and bought!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garland is so sweet. I love going the the C. Stick. One of my favorite days out. Got there soon!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect day...crafting and buying! Love the pumpkin lady, so glad she accompanied you home!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to treat yourself Sharon...a perfect vacation day...love your garland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That shop looks so wonderful... and the two of you are just cute as can be!!! :-) It sounds like a very fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...