~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Monday, June 11, 2012

Snow Days Block 14

Wheeeeeeeee! The 14th and final embroidered block of the Snow Days quilt has been completed!!! Full steam ahead... bound and determined... with a pot of coffee beside me... I sat down in my stitching chair at 11:58 am yesterday... and with only one potty break (yah... coffee does that! lol!) I pulled the last stitch at 3:58 pm. Another... wheeeeeeeeeeee! :-)


Now comes the fun part of piecing! And, learning to piece at the same time! lol! My history of quilting is short and sweet... First, I made a rag quilt. You can see that here.... and next was a 20" square mini quilt... and tried some minor hand quilting with that one. You can see that one here.

Now... my original intentions with this Snow Days BOM was to complete each month as they arrived... *grin*... but, because I signed on for 3 BOM's all at the same time... I fell a bit behind schedule... *blush*... But, the thing of it is, each month also included the material for the pieced parts. And, I tried the first month's pieced part here... but, they didn't turn out so good. Soooooooo, I asked the ladies at the Quilted Crow if they could ship me another Block 1 fabric bundle... and they did... it has been safely tucked away with the other fabrics... and, hopefully (throughout the past year) I have read enough tips and watched enough YouTube videos on piecing to finally get it right this time! lol!

In the last post I had promised some red, white & blue... and some strawberries... well... they ain't done yet! ;-) I'll be stitching some tonight and promise that the next update will contain some "seasonally appropriate stitches". :-)

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

:-)

10 comments:

  1. Piecing isn't hard, I know you will do a wonderful job with them. Mine are always wonky, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making progress, this work of art is going to be lovely, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo!!!! I am looking forward to starting on my piecing...the timing is about perfect! We rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You can do it, you can, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is why I have not done the Halloween quilt. Not the hand stitching, I love that part. It is the piecing. I am just not a fan of pinwheels. Maybe if I did them all the time I would get better and get over my fear.
    I can't wait to see how you do it and I am excited about your new projects. Strawberries and such. I hope you are feeling better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Sharon, you did it!! I know you will do great at the piecing. Have fun putting your top together. It will be a darling quilt. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grats Sharon, and good luck with the piecing. I could never quilt as I can't sew a straight line without help. Hope you've got it down ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your "rag" quilt. Remionds me of the ones that my grandmother made and we used as kids. I don't think I would have the patience to quilt. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All that stitching, WOW! I can't wait to see it finally all together. I bet you can't either :). Looking forward to seeing it! You do beautiful work. Love your other pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...