~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Stitches & Olde Threads

I've been happily enjoying the early Spring we are having here on the East Coast! The longer daylight hours and beautiful sunshine summon energies to get out into the yard and work in the soil and dream of the gardens that Summer will bring! So, not too much time has been spent sitting and stitching... but I did manage to finish a pinkeep and also purchase some wonderful pieces to add to my home's Spring decor.

First up is the cross stitch pinkeep I finished over the weekend. It's a Country Rustic Primitives design called "Tulips In Spring Pinkeep". I stitched it with the specified DMC threads on a 30ct. linen that was dyed "Antique Cotton". After backing with the same blue fabric it is resting on in this picture, I stuffed it with raw cotton and added a rusty bell with safety pin. It finished up a little larger than 9" x 5".

I also made a visit to the brand new selling website called Primitive Handmades Mercantile. While browsing through the many beautiful offerings of the included artists, I stumbled upon some "must haves" that were created by Susan Hoover of Olde Threads. Not only are the pieces themselves meticulously stitched and assembled... but Susan also put a lot of care into the packaging of these treasures! Each piece was individually wrapped in cellophane with a little spring grass... and she also included a few Spring hang tags... so pretty!

This was my first purchase from Primitive Handmades Mercantile... and I can honestly say that I was so pleased with my experience, that I'll be looking forward to each and every update they have! I believe the next update will be the 15th or 16th of this month.... but, you can check now to see what's still available from last months update. And, please... on the main page of their website... read about the giveaway they are having. There are letters scattered about the artists pages and if you can unscramble them correctly you will be entered to win some handmade prizes. I have been trying to solve this puzzle since the first day... and I just can't seem to get it! Maybe you will?

Many thanks to everyone that cheered on with confidence that I was going to actually be climbing that tower! I even had a buddy offer to climb it with me! :-) But, as much as I wanted to try... rules and regulations keeps anyone but trained and authorized personnel from climbing that tower. Ah well... ;-)

Down here on the ground... I'm almost finished with the embroidery of Block #9 of the Snow Days quilt! I'll post a picture in my next post... looking forward to a relaxing 3 day Easter weekend coming up!

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

11 comments:

  1. Susan does wonderful work doesn't she? I am lucky enough to have 2 of her pieces and I just LOVE them both. You are right - she packages everything up so nicely, her attention to detail makes you feel very special. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching, Sharon! I love the colors...I am going to have to check out that selling blog..everything looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stitching! Love all your goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your piece came out beautifully and I love your goodies, beautiful pieces and work on them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh WOW! Love your SPRING pinkeep! And, those little treasures...how cool are they? Definitely 'must=haves'. Looking forward to a finished Block 9. {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Spring pinkeep, Sharon! What wonderful finds from Primitive Handmades Mercantile! Love the bunny!! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Sharon thank you so much for recommending Primitive Handmades Mercantile!!! I'm so glad that you like it!!! We update the 3rd Friday every month. Next update will be April 20th. Now 'cmon I have faith in you unscramble those letters. Hmmm maybe I can be bribed to tell you what the words are LOL!!!!!
    The Queen

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful Pinkeep finish Sharon! Love your goodies by Susan too. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon ...Love the things you puchased from Susan ....Have a Happy Easter to you and your family....
    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon ~
    Great pinkeep and goodies!
    Happy Easter to you!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness you've been busy! wonderful pinkeep and treasures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...