~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Snow Days Block 10

Happy Sunday!!! A day of rest, sunshine and stitches! I'd like to start this post with saying a big thank you to everyone for all of the interest in the "A Little Porch Time" BOM quilt kit! It is on it's way to TN to a very talented quilter's home! :-)

I spent a good amount of time this weekend stitching on Block 10 of the Snow Days quilt. The stitched area finished up at about 16" x 9"... and when I was tracing it, it didn't look all that difficult. Well... as it turned out it was not only time consuming, but also used up an entire skein of floss! I think that's the first block I've stitched that used that much floss... Ah well... it will even out with the next block... it's so tiny I think I can finish it in an evening after work this week. lol! Famous last words... ;-)


So that's about all the big news here... I did receive a new cross stitch pattern in the mail this week... I'll be starting that this evening...

Until next time... Stay healthy & keep on smiling! 

10 comments:

  1. That is a lot of stitching and you did a beautiful job on it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your blocks! This one is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. You are doing a great job.I did a lot of embroidery in my younger days and I just love this. Thanks for the update.
    Have a great week. JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! You're almost done! Cannot wait to get these put together. Ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really good. It is nice you are almost finished with your blocks. Have you seen the new ones that Meg is working on? They looks just as good.
    I need to get over my fear and order Calendula Patterdrip.
    There is just never enough time to sew and hook and do counted cross stitch is there?
    It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice - and you are quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon,
    Love your new block. You mentioned that grow ranunculus are they hard to grow and do they bloom all summer? Your color comb. sounds very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...