~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Snow Days Block 8


As promised... a picture of the Snow Days Block 8. I've already traced out Block 9 and should be finished by the weekend as it is a small block. I think that passing the halfway point has given me some added energy to get moving along a little quicker on this project. I'm also anxious to start some piecing... the fabrics are soft blues and browns... peaceful!

The other exciting thing for today is the whole springing ahead an hour with the clocks... yes, this caused me to miss my nap today, lol... but, there will now be some daylight to enjoy when I get home from work during the week. This brings more energy... which, in turn, should give some enthusiasm to burn some calories and banish some of this winter fluff I've accumulated over the past few months. Can't let my belly get in the way of my golf game, ya' know!?!?!? :-)

I've also started another small cross stitch... it's a Chessie & Me kit that I've had on my desk for about a year and a half now... it has pumpkins and crows in it... and if you have ever stitched a Chessie & Me pattern... you know that I'm also learning some new stitches! :-)

It's all fun... and it's all good!

Until next time... stay healthy & keep on smiling!

13 comments:

  1. Another beautiful block, that will be so nice when you finish and have all the sashings on it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this finished quilt. I bet it's going to knock our socks off. Golf season is approaching. Hmmm, guess I better up my beer intake to get in perfect form (heehee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon ~
    Snow days is going to be magnificent.
    I need to lose some fluff, too. It just goes on so much easier than it comes off :(
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohboy...you're really moving, now! Perhaps I should get to my pieced blocks soon...must keep up that competitive spirit! {grin} I love these blocks. Great job, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Miss Sharon you sure have been stitching alot lately - Looks wonderful! And you certainly don't look like you have any winter fluff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This block is just beautiful. Do you use a machine or is it stitch by hand. It looks so even when I enlarge the picture. It's going to look wonderful.
    I hope that the sunshine finds you tomorrow. Have a great week. JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, The stitching is by hand. It's just a simple backstitch using two strands of floss.

      Delete
  7. It's always a pleasure to see the next snow days quilt block. I really look forward to seeing the whole thing put together!
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is slowly starting to melt here. I love those blocks! What a great kit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Job Sharon!! I can't wait to see it all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure do some amazing stitching. Glad your going to be enjoying a bit of sun in the evenings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon.... The snow day block is amazing I really cannot wait to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog and enjoyed visiting, will return again to see more goodies. LenZie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...