~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine Tree

Here's what all those velvet hearts were being made for! A Valentine themed wool feather tree!


Thanks to Joanne for the gorgeous neutral colored wool and thanks to the Cinnamon Stick for the gorgeous red cotton velvet!

The hangers for the hearts are a creamy pearl cotton and I added a simple mother of pearl button to each for an extra touch. The tree is firmly anchored in the bucket with the help of some paper clay. It could use some moss to cover the clay, but I can't seem to find mine? Anyways, I think this little Valentine tree brings some happy to the grey days of Winter...

I've started on a Valentine needle punch this afternoon... hoping to share it with you soon...

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

19 comments:

  1. OH! Be still my heart! LOVE this Sharon! It also reminds me I still have the tree kit from JoAnne to make one of these days! I have it in the white too!
    I'm crazy for yours!!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that.
    The red hearts really stand out against the white tree...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. So bright and cheery during the January blahs. And what doesn't look good with red velvet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh, Sharon, that is lovely! Such a sweet holiday decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how that came out, it is beautiful. I wish I had the patience to make those trees.
    I do have red velvet, need to try some.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree and hearts are gorgeous together Sharon! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just so gorgeous!
    Great job!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's cute, Moose. I like the little hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is awesome. I have never seen one of those before. it's beautiful. great job. I would like to know how you did that. Maybe you could post the instructions. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon, that's wonderful! And the little red bucket makes the perfect tree stand. Brightens my day just seeing that. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW that tree is fantastic!!! I wish I could make one. You sure did a GREAT job on it!!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have saved some instructions for making wool trees. I have not tried the technique yet. The white with the red hearts is so pretty. Perfect for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful way to decorate for valentine's day. I just love it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love what you did with the red hearts. Your tree looks very decorative for Valentine. I have decorations for most Holidays except Valentine. Maybe I need to be more romantic. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did you make that beautiful tree? Is there a pattern I can purchase?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...