~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I'd like to start 2012 with big thank you to everyone that checks in here to see what's stitching, hooking and needlepunching! This is all part of a creative sanity that I thoroughly enjoy. Hopefully someone reading these posts has learned a new technique, short cut or entirely new craft they would love to try! Thanks for letting me share! And, thanks for taking the time to stop by here and read... and leave comments... it's comforting to know that there are kindred spirits among us, though we all may be miles apart.

One thing that is for certain this year... is that the completed projects posted here during 2012 will all be from patterns and supplies that I currently have! The mailman was very busy delivering quilting "Blocks of the Month" programs, cross stitch "Girl's Clubs", cross stitch "Mystery Samplers", yards of quilting cottons, pounds of soft, fluffy over dyed woolens, silk threads and linens throughout 2011... and did I mention patterns? Yep.... I have wooden crates and wire baskets full of patterns for rug hooking, cross stitch, wool applique, needle punch and quilting... and the one thing all these have in common, is that I'm still as excited about working on that pattern as I was when I first decided that I "needed" that pattern... so, it will all get stitched, hooked, quilted and punched before something new is brought to my mailbox...





So, before I start stitching on this first day of a brand new year... I'd like to wish you a healthy, happy, and prosperous 2012!!! May you always have opportunities to live, love and laugh each and every day!

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned,
earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the
spiritual experience of living every minute
with love, grace and gratitude."
~Denis Waitley

Until next time, stay healthy and keep on smiling!

18 comments:

  1. Happy New Year & Happy Crafting to you Miss Sharon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to have a stack of good projects just waiting in the wings?
    Happy New Year!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!....me too!....I've got so many patterns and such....but I want it!..lol..have a great day!~Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, looks like you are stocked up and ready for a creative new year! LOL!
    Now for the fun of choosing the pattern and the wonderful fabrics to complete it.
    Happy New Year to you and the Radio Guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! You look so ready...have fun. everything looks wonderful. I just love what I do - isn't that half the battle..Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is much appreciated.. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you have a lot of new projects and fabrics to work with this year. Will look forward to seeing what you make.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some yummy looking stuff pictured - can't wait to see what you create with it - so much potential!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon ~
    Happy New Year to you and the Radio Guy!
    It seems no matter how many supplies I have on hand, when I start something new, I always end up buying more stuff. Good for you. I hope it works. I look forward to seeing what you get done.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. you my dear have a lovely stash! I love your books also. Great quote to start a new year.
    here's to a happy and healthy new year.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you and Bob! Okay my dear - you win - you have the most toys! Love it! I'm sure there will be some awesome creations coming from your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Sharon! I see lots of great supplies in your stash. I'll look forward to seeing your finished projects in 2012. Warm hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to You! Looks like you have some wonderful projects ahead of you it will be fun to see them as they are being worked on and completed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your goodies! Happy New Year Sharon to you and hubby.

    hugs
    cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Happy New Year Sharon! Looking forward to seeing LOTS of stitching and some hooking this year !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness! I'm gonna keep you on track, girlfriend...no buying anything this year! Looking forward to seeing what all you finish this year. Snow Days will be the best, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Sharon, that is my plan for 2012 also. I have way too many patterns,kits, wool, etc. I am going to work on them before anymore new purchases..at least that's my plan...Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...