~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Very Fortunate

I feel very fortunate to have talented friends that take the time to send some stitches my way! VERY fortunate!!! :-)

Just this past week I received an absolutely stunning mini quilt and ornaments from Debbie of woolensails....

The embroidery on this piece is absolutely fabulous!!! I love it!!! I think I sent her half dozen emails about how excited I am that I can call this piece "Mine, mine, mine"!!! lol! Really, it truly is an amazing piece... the design, the tiny stitches, the aging of the fabrics... I'm just plum crazy over it!!! Debbie also sent along some snowman ornaments... stitched to perfection with a wonderfully soft pine scent to them... ahhhhhhh... smells like Christmas!!! :-) I still can't believe these are "Mine, mine, mine"!!! Thank you, Debbie!


I also have some finishes to show... I made these for a Secret Santa swap. Finished them at nearly the last minute... and barely remembered to take a picture before adding them and a few extras to the package and run them to the post office...


First is "Kringle's Crow" by Nan of Threadwork Primitives. It was stitched with Gentle Art threads 2 over 2 on 32ct. linen. Stuffed with wool snippets and backed with a dark red wool.

Next is "Christmas Tree" by Jenny of Country Rustic Primitives. This was stitched with DMC threads 1 over 2 on 32ct. linen. Also stuffed with wool snippets and backed with same dark red wool and then I added a tiny rusty jingle bell on a rusty safety pin.

And... just to keep the red theme going... I stitched up a little woolen Christmas bird...

A lot of stitches both to and from this week! :-)

I'm a very lucky (and happy) gal!

We did pick out our Christmas Tree last Sunday... spent yesterday decorating the tree and adding a little bit of Christmas here and there throughout the house... I hope I can get some good pictures to share with you during the next couple of days!

Until next time... Stay healthy and keep on smiling!



14 comments:

  1. Such lovely stitches! All of them! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just beautiful and amazing!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the ornies!!! Look at that RED bird~~~ Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the items you stitched and of course the items you received! I don't know how Debbie gets all she does done but she does wonderful work for sure! joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is beautiful Sharon. Love the xstiches and bird. And Love what Debbie sent you!! Yup, yours, yours, yours :). Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie does awesome work, for sure! But, then, so do you...those xstitches are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon ~
    Your finishes are wonderful! Great goodies from Debbie. She sure does get a lot done.
    Merry Christmas!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful embroideries!!!! You are one lucky gal!! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie does the most wonderful stitches...what a great package of goodies you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing stitching - I love your work and Debbie's!
    I can just imagine the big smile on your face!
    Best wishes for a Happy Christmas!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy your stitches and little red bird came to live with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow such lovely handstitched gifts from Debbie and those little cross stitches you made are AWESOME!!!!
    Have a wonderful week and Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing gift and the colors match what you have been working on. Glad you are decorated now you put your feet up and enjoy the season.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. Last January, my youngest daughter gave birth to James. He was born without his left hand but he makes up for it with his charm. He's just melt everyone's heart when they meet him, even Santa's.

    WOW, you are on the receiving end lately. Congratulations on all these beautiful gifts. It must speak of your own generosity as what goes around comes around. It's so wonderful getting a nice present in the mail, and yours are all wonderful.

    I'm joining your followers and I hope that you will join mine. Thanks again for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful week. JB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...