~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Many More Thank You's!

I've been a lucky gal these past two weeks! The mailman has been bringing packages that are full of fun instead of just silly ol' bills and catalogs! :-)

Our eBay group hosts a few exchanges over the year... this time it was a "Secret Santa". One of the details of this exchange is that we don't know who will be sending to us... well... boy was I happy that PatiJane was chosen to send my way!

PatiJane knows I LOVE snowmen... so she created a few real great ones for me to display throughout the season! :-) The guy that is front and center is a little over a foot tall! He's made of wool and is holding a sparkly wreath and some candy canes... His tag is a cross stitched santa moon! PatiJane also stitched the bestest pillows with trees, snowmen and "Peace"... they are all simply beautiful! Love the little wool bird... his wings are made of "Silent Night" sheet music! The white tart is actually a heavenly "Sage & Lemongrass" scented soap that was hand made by Patty Cake Originals. Also included in the generous package of treasures was some chocolate (been devoured already!), a prim tea light in a metal holder, a mini wool feather tree, a list pad, some red sparkly garland and a handmade Christmas card... everything... and I do mean "every stinkin' stitch" is PERFECT!!!! Thank you so much PatiJane!!!!

And, as if that wasn't enough... I was also the lucky winner of a Little Drummer Boy hooked rug that was a giveaway on the blog of Ginger from primitivesbythelightofthemoon. Can you say WOW!!!! I tried my best to capture the soft prim colors that Ginger hooked into the rug... but, my picture seems to be a little on the bright side. Trust me when I say the colors are the softest of prims and adds to the peaceful spirit of the season! The size of this Little Drummer Boy is about 12" x 20"... he is proudly displayed in my living room for this Christmas and many Christmases to follow! The tag, envelope and card are also hand drawn by Ginger! She really is a talented gal! Thank you so much Ginger!!!! I will treasure this guy for a long time! :-)

And, one more good package came my way this week! This was from Kathy of rugsofmineintime! Kathy was generous enough to send along some of that "sparkly wool" that I've been dreaming about... I had seen it on her blog when she was writing about one of the hook-ins at Grant Street Woolworks! Linda (owner of Grant Street Woolworks) hand dyed some pieces and mine is a beautiful Christmas green! I can't wait to hook this into a rug! Kathy also sent along a rolled wool pinkeep and a beautiful needleminder with a Hibiscus on it! Gorgeous! Thank you so much for being so thoughtful and generous Kathy! I love it all!

Now... receiving gifts sure is a lot of fun... but I've been working on some items for GIVING too! A couple of items started their travels this afternoon... and as they arrive to their recipients... I will share some pics here... just know one thing... I am so slow with my stitches... I intend to have stuff there by Christmas... but, at the rate I'm going... my next gift creation should be an Easter bunny! lol! :-)

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

14 comments:

  1. Wow...look at all the gifts! How fun for you, hey? Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice collection of goodies. I love all of it. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful pieces and beautiful work. I think I need another month, will not be able to get all the things done, that I wanted, and need to slow down now;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful gifts Sharon! You have lots of fun new hand-mades to decorate with. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those goodies, super, super!Love Ginger's mat. And you are quite welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are lucky gal, Sharon! I love the snowman..so pudgy and cute! It's so nice to get packages in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a lucky gal, great gifts!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you! They were all so generous to you, it makes me feel good about it, just to read it! I hope it makes your Christmas even brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon ~
    What wonderful goodes you've received. I especially love the little drummer boy. Maria's patterns are the best.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh la la - you are one lucky gal! Love everything! joanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. You lucky girl, Sharon. I love snowmen too. I really do not like the snow but I love snowmen.. Feels good to get a unexpected gifts. Every once in a while....
    Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what great swaps! no wonder you like the mailman
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a soft spot for snowmen. This one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so glad you liked the lil' Drummer Boy! Such lovely gifts from Pati she does beautiful work and the sparkly wool from Kathy does look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...