~ Rug Hooking ~ Penny Rugs ~ Cross Stitch ~ Punchneedle ~ Quilting ~ Crochet ~ Needlepoint ~ Vintage Good Life ~

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Redbud Cottage and Snow Days Block 5

These are my two stitching updates since I don't know when... I thoroughly enjoy the process of stitching and hooking... it just seems some things should go a little faster? ;-)

This cross stitch pillow is called Redbud Cottage. It's a Stacy Nash design that is offered through the Girls Club at Country Sampler Quilt Shop in Spring Green, WI. It is backed with a homespun that is mostly browns with some red here and there. I stuffed this pillow with wool snippets. It's a solid, heavy pillow.


The one thing I added to this project was sewing in a piece of muslin directly behind the stitching. I did this because the linen was light and most of my wool snippets are dark. The muslin kept the linen bright so that the integrity of the stitches stayed clear.

My other finish is another embroidered block from the Snow Days quilt that Jacque and I are working on together. This is Block 5 for me! It's a biggy! In fact, I could almost classify it as two of the regular blocks. I think some of the next ones are smaller...


That's pretty much it for now. We survived the snow last Saturday, maintained power throughout the storm, raked some wet leaves today and now I'm looking forward to a wonderful, sunny, cooler weekend... that is full of wool, cotton, needle and thread! :-)

Until next time... stay healthy and keep on smiling!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely pillow. Very nice job! I love seeing the snow blocks squares...I'm following along with both you and Jacque. They look so simple, yet show such a lovely intricate scene as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces, you do such wonderful work. I definitely plan on getting a light magnifier so I can do smaller cross stitch.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon ~
    I had to do the same thing when I used snippets to stuff my pinkeep. LOVE your pillow. The quilt block is pretty cool, too.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon,
    Your work is so nice! Love the pillow and your blocks! I hope this weekend is a productive one for both you and me! I have lots of stitching, stuffing, hooking and gluing to do! LOL!!
    Will try to keep smiling! ;-)
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching! Glad to hear you made it through the big storm. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful stitched pillow!! You do such beautiful work. Those blocks look like a lot of work. Glad you survived the snowstorm. Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhh, I am in love with redbud cottage!!! You did make it for me, right? ha! Your block 5 is looking really good!!! We rock, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you said "that's it for now" That is a LOT of hand work! Great job Sharon! Love both pieces. Good idea on putting the fabric behind the linen. It looks wonderful. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...